Seeking Co-op Preschool in the San Jose Area

Hi Everyone!

You all are just a wealth of information so I am hoping that you will be able to help. I am looking for a co-op preschool in the San Jose area. My son just turned three. So far we have heard good things about Explorer Preschool but they have a waiting list for his age group 12 deep for this fall. I am a teacher and have been working with him at home academically but obviously that lacks the social piece. Putting him in a preschool was a late decision this year as we noticed more and more his need to be able to socialize with children his own age. Any suggestions for a good co-op? Thanks in advance everyone!!

If you live in the west part of San Jose, check out Cupertino Co-op Preschool. It's in Sunnvyale, on Fremont Ave, right by Fremont High School.
The parking lot for Fremont High School is being re-done this summer to install solar panels, so I don't know if the school is open for summer school. (access issue), so you might calling them.

I got this info from their web site:

Phone: ###-###-####
Mailing Address: Cupertino Co-op Nursery School
P.O. Box 2632
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Street Address: 563 W. Fremont Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Email: Loree Watanabe, Vice President

Our family loves Discovery Parent-Child Preschool. Our family has been there 4 years now, and we couldn't be happier. The kids have daily cooking projects, science activities, and art. The community is so supportive and we have made some wonderful friends. Here's the website for more information.
http://www.discoverypreschool.org/home/home.html

It is not a co-op, but I love Campbell Child Development Center near the Pruneyard. There are plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, but without the necessity of it.

I have friends that swear by http://www.sanjoseparents.org/ in Willow Glen. We didn't do it as we needs more of a day care situation, but they have a great reputation.

1 / 3