Seeking Classes and Advice

My husband and I are expecting our first child. I am 23 weeks,2days pregnant.(almost 6 months!)EDD: 9/18/09...
We are interested in taking classes that would help us with labor and birth (using different methods) as well as caring for a new born: breast feeding, what to expect, what to be aware of...
We do have some books, however we both would like some hands on experience.

This woman is amazing. I just had my 1st baby and taking her class made me feel a lot more prepared. It's about $80 for 6 classes and they are very detailed- much more so than a lot of classes my friends have taken. Her name is Dianne and she is also a lactation consultant. Here's her email:

If you're in OC, Hoag Hospital has great classes. We took the child birth, breastfeeding and safety class...loved them all!

-M

The best book and classes that i can recommend is Birthing From Within. www.birthingfromwithin.com

This will prepare you for the reality that all births are different and expect the unexpected. Also great pain coping techniques. Good luck and congratulations.

The hospital should have a whole series of classes related to pregnancy and childbirth. Ask your doctor's office. If you are interested in natural childbirth, take classes on the Bradley Method. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

ditto!

I like the choices at my delivering hospital and they were all taught by certified people with life experience. Or check with you OBGYN for referals.

Congrats!

Check with your hospital that you are delivering at. I know that St. Joseph hopital in orange is a great hospital for classes of any kind. I work in L&D there and we provide childbirth classes, breastfeeding support, even daddy boot camp! Good luck, K.

The hospital where you are going to give birth at, most always has maternity classes.
So, check with them and you can sign up... sometimes there is a cost for it.
Or, ask your OB/GYN... they will know.

All the best,
Susan

I delivered at Hoag Hospital last June and they offered classes prior to delivery to my husband and I. Have you checked with the hospital that you will be delivering at? Have you checked with your OB?

They are very informative. Good luck and enjoy!

Contact your hospital. They usually offer classes and tours. Your OB should be able to tell you who to call. Congrats on entering the most challenging and most wonderful chapter of your life!

www.OneWithChild.com is a great resource for all your pregnancy and birth needs.

Most hospitals offer infant care classes. I'm sure you can also find some info. either through your doctor's office or even through the city.

1 / 3