Seeking Birthday Party Venues in Downriver Area

I want to have my child's first 'big' party away from home (remodeling and cannot host a party in the home). I want to let him be able to invite a few friends from class and a few relatives his age (8), instead of the usual 'Grandma and Grandpa are coming for cake' Birthday. I just need a some ideas and helpful hints. All I'm coming up with is Chuck E Cheese, pump it up, bowling. Let me know your party ideas, or anything else you've done outside of the home. It's still winter so we're kind of limited. We live in Wyandotte and dont'want to go too far Thanks.

I have done the YMCA in Southgate and used their pool. It was fine especially in Winter. I have done Downriver Gymnastics they have a private room and tons of stuff to climb on for girls and boys. Oh also in Taylor there is a Zap Zone Lazer tag...honestly great fun for all ages we did it for my BD one year best BD ever....even had my mother playing! You could make arrangements to get in at a time when there are not teens. I have also used Pump it Up germie or not it is organized and easy to use. Also there is that skating rink on Allen and Van Born we went to a party there recently and it was fun.

I don't know if anybody suggested this but we had my daughter's party at Downriver gymnastics. It is in riverview but right next to wyandotte. I know this is usually considered a girls type of activity but the boys loved it!!! They have a huge foam block pit. They have a ton of huge trampolines, They have people there helping/demonstrating what the kids can do. The plus was the place was cheap compared to chuck e. cheeses and pump it up. Maybe you should take him by there and let him check it out before hand. There were older boys doing flips and climbing the rope swing and swinging into the pit when we were there. There is a party room-but the kids didn't even want cake that's how much fun they were having. There is also a room for parents to sit back in watch from outside the gym. Hope this helps.
Sorry but I have to add that funtastic is a great place but def not for 8y/o. My five year old can barely play there. But another suggestion is a climb and slime party at the downriver ymca. My daighter went to one of these and they got climb a rock wall and make slime. It was actually a boys party btw. Or they have swimming parties there also.

Hi Dawny,

Check out my business. It's a blast for kids and adults. We come to you, but sometimes the swim centers at the high school or your local church will let you use the facility and it's much less expensive than Chuck E Cheese. Also, you get a great memory that can last a lifetime with your piece!!

E. Crippen www.amazingglazepotterystudio.net

Why don't you call your community pool? They usually have a birthday room and after the party keep it open for those who want to swim. Even if you have elderly ones they like to go in the pool area and watch the kids having fun. Doing a bowling party is good I wouldn't do pump it up too germie and dangerous.

Pump it Up is a lot of fun for a birthday party. I have been to a party at Bouncing off the Walls in Riverview on Fort St. which is similar to pump it up but they only do one birthday party at a time. It was a lot of fun as well. They also have a basketball and air hockey game. My 6 year old son loved it. It may be a little closer to your home than pump it up. My son also enjoyed his cosmic bowling party at Thunderbowl Lanes in Allen Park. Their prices were very reasonable too (as compared to Chuck E. Cheese). I think it was like 8.99 per child and it included the bowling, shoe rental, invitations, pizza, drinks and a keepsake bowling pin for your child. If i'm not mistaken, I believe it also included tokens and private gameroom time.

Dawny ~
Have you thought of Funtastic in Woodhaven? It's a little newer, nice and clean, a bit expensive for a party but depends on what you want. They are at VanHorn by Allen, just behind the bowling alley. Also depends on the ages of the kids that will be there...I think it's more geared towards the younger kids, there are no video games, there's a big climbing area, lots of soft, cushiony things to climb on, a raised padded area to run across, the floor/walls/etc. are all padded. I took my 2 yr old grandson and he had a blast!
Chuck E Cheese I think is a little harder...too big, not geared for those that can't run. LOL
good luck!

We have been to a couple of parties at Funtastic on Van Horn just west of Allen in Woodhaven.

Also there is Miss Danye's Tumblebus ###-###-#### - I think the tumblebus might even come to your house (although that wouldn't work with your house remodeling I guess).

When is your Child's bday? I have a 3yo and I have been doing big bdays since he turned 1. The first party I did a really formal lunch at a best western hotel which has an indoor waterpark as well. His second bday party was at Comerica Park - baseball game group outing - easiest one I did. His third was a luau party in my backyard complete with wetslide. Of course the last 2 would not work in the weather we have now - but what about an indoor skate party or outdoor ice skating party?

1 / 3