Seeking Best Place

Hello, I haven't bought furniture here for the 12 years i have been in dallas..WHERE is the best price places..

I think Canton first Mondays has great deals. I got a kitchen table, barstools, pot rack and some great accessories. Wiers has some great sale items and good quality. What are you looking for?

I echo Weir's...their clearance centers have GREAT prices if you have time to wait it out...you can find just about anything you want.

I think Weir's is one of the best places for quality and price. Both locations have clearance areas where you can get even better deals.

What kind of furniture are you looking for??? My husband repairs and refinishes furniture on the side, and also makes some furniture. We have some listed on Craigslist right now. No couches, but wood furniture like tables, benches, chairs, etc. Or he can put something together for you if you want something different from the pieces he has to work with here. He has some top-name (which I can't mention here) table tops, etc. that he can put legs or pedestals on to create the look you want. You can email me at ____@____.com if you want. His prices are really low and his work is high quality and will last forever if you take care of it. But we only take cash (just FYI if you were looking to use credit). There are some good prices out there, but remember that most of the furniture anywhere is made in China and is not solid wood. Stacy's furniture has horrible customer service. Ashley Furniture takes two weeks or longer to get your furniture and you'll be lucky if they get it right the first time and they also have horrible customer service. If I buy furniture from a store....Haverty's is my ultimate favorite! I think they also have an outlet or will sell slightly damaged or scratched furniture at a discount. I went in and was going to have to wait only 3 days for a delivery of a massage chair, but I was in so much pain and wanted it that day so they sold me the floor model for $500 less than it was marked. Ask for discounts on floor models.

Charter Furniture in Addison is fantastic. I've used them for years. My friends like them, too. They're small, family-owned and have great prices. We like to look at Weirs then buy at Charter.

D., I'm getting ready to replace nearly all the furniture in my house. I am going to go through my friend who sells at almost wholesale prices. She has her own part-time business and access to many of the lines sold at the retail stores a number of ladies recommended in their responses. The difference is she charges MUCH less! Same good quality for lots less money is a winner in my book any day and all her customers are extremely happy. She can provide you with catalogs, show you furniture, arranges for delivery and takes care of any problems that may arise. Let me know if you are interested and I'll have her contact you.

Plano Salvation Army Store on Hwy 5/Spring Creek. Show room sofas for cheap, cheap... Gotta check it out for your self. The SAS manager said they get brand new stuff from furniture places that were used in "show rooms". Good luck.

Try Stacy's as well...there is one in Grapevine & Allen. They have beautiful, name brand furniture at very good prices. I actually had a designer come & we could not find better deals anywhere....even at Market. Jeff Miller was our sales representative & he was very good. Good luck!

More words of caution. Rooms to Go has good prices and payment plans but that old adage you get what you pay for holds true. The furniture quality is fair to low budget and often doesn't last as long as the long term payment plan when buying their soft sided furniture like chairs, couches, dinning chiars, etc. There are a lot of stores having big sales right now like Freeds, Bakers, etc...The quality is a lot better. You might also check the DUMP near Grapevine Mills. There are also several upscale furniture consignment stores to consider. Good luck & happy shopping.

You mentioned cheap...there is a rooms to go outlet in Grand Prarie on 360 just south of 6 Flags. They have boxed furniture and scratch and dent.

Stacy's Outlet in Grapevine. I bought all of our living room and office furniture there (two couches, two large chairs, end tables, TV armoire, coffee table, large wrap around desk with overhead book shelf and matching filing cabinet.....couches and chairs are leather and the rest is cherry wood). I get compliments about my furniture every time someone new comes into my house! I've asked my close friends what they thought I had spent on the furniture and their guesses are always $10,000 or more.....I always get a kick out of seeing their jaws drop when I tell them I only spent a little under $5,000...the pieces are just that nice!

1 / 3