Seeking Advise on Girls Underwear with No Wedgies

My grandaughter refuses to wear underwear because they give her wedgies. She's 7 yrs old. Does anyone have the same problem or could recommend a panty that won't give her wedgies. She's not overweight, but has her grandma's bubble bottom.

Well, we do have weight problems and the best thing we have found is cotton, good fitting underwear. No wedgies!!!!! I hope this helps because wedgies are very uncomfortable. No hip huggers or anything like that just regular underwear like grandmas wear.

Children's Place as great underwear for my daughter. My daughter is on the thin side, but has a bottom. They work great on her =)

Hi M.-
2 thoughts on this. The first is seamless panties. I know mostly adult women wear them, but they are really thin and light and usually don't move around a whole lot.
The second idea is boy shorts underwear in a really thin stretchy material (almost the same as the seamless panty material). Those can't ride up into the rear.
The last thought (you can get all of these at target, by the way- go to the adult section and just get the extra small sizes- they are tiny) is to get the ones that look like boys tighty whities but are for girls- they are solid cotton and really stay in place. These are my 3 favorites as an adult- I have always hated the wedgie factor, and I have a real hard time with string bikini undies just because I can't imagine the hygiene issue- especially for a young girl. I hope this helps! Good luck!
-E. M.

This might sound strange, but I tried on a pair of my son's boxer/briefs that he'd outgrown (he's bigger than me)...anyway, I love them! No panty lines, they stay put and the waist band was very comfortable. I can't stand bikini or low rise underpants because I always feel like they're falling off.
You might have her give them a try. I really like them!

have you thought about boxers? Specifically boxer briefs? I know, they are boy underwear, but who cares? Besides, these days they do make ones for girls! =)

My daughter starts complaining of wedgies when she has out grown her underwear, when they are too small for her. I just buy the next size up and the wedgie issue goes away.

The same happens when her jeans are getting small. They force wedgies.

S

I was going to suggest what are called boy shorts panties. they are longer cut, more like a boxer brief but for girls. Here's a link to Hanes and their boy shorts for little girls. You can also check out other styles there to see what might work better for her.
http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Products/Kids-Hanes/Kids_Girls...

you should also take some actual measurements to get an accurate size for panties for her. You could also try moving up one size and see if that fixes the problem.

Hanna Anderson sells great underwear. they are in the mall in san jose and have a big internet business.

Try jockey underwear my 7 year old granddaughter likes nothing on her waist ( how did these kids get so picky?, we worn what was given to us!) anyway jockey bikini are good for little ladies they do not ride up if you get the right size and they are not "sexy" they have some cute girl colors and pictures you can look on line at jockey.jockeycom Girls’ Assorted Prints Bikini – 3 Pack $9

Big problem with the wedgies over here too. We found our solution in Sweet Ivy briefs at Nordstrom. You can get a 7 pack for $16.50 during their sales. Their sizes go all the way up to at least 12 too (although I think that is in stores only). Hope you find your solution too!

My daughter complains about the same thing and says Gap bikini works (Hanes bikini from Target is acceptable - but her 2nd choice). I also try to be sure she's wearing the correct size since too small underwear will ride up.

my daughter went through the same thing last year. i just let her go without panties unless she was wearing a dress. then i would have her wear tights. but one day we were walking through tagret and she pointed to a panty display and asked me " what are those?" turns out she was asking about a thong display with all neon colors and she thought they were pretty. so i figured what the heck, small panties are better than no panties. and we got a pair. well, thats all she wears now. she told me she can hardly tell she is wearing them except for once in a while they ride up in the front. but it doesnt bother her.

i know its odd to be buying an 8 year old thongs, but its not like anyone is seeing them.

just giving my input.

A.

Great responses. Also make sure you are buying a size big enought that when you wash in wash and dry they do not shrink down a whole size. I noticed that the Washer & Dryer in my new place worked so well but also made our clothing shrink one whole size.
We did notice that Bikini's don't ride as much.
Good Luck.

Try getting her a low rise bikini style. They won't show when she sits down, and they have yet to ride up on any of us. Both my girls and I wear them.
W. m

Ahh! My daughter had the same problem. She's six now, but she's had the problem since she was about four. My friend got by daughter some underwear in Indonesia (doesn't help much, sorry), but the underwear were more like bloomers that go under a toddler's dress- they were puffy-ish.
Before we got those underpants, I just had my daughter where boys underpants- way more coverage, way less riding up. Hopefully your granddaughter will go for that :)

I second Hanna Andersson!! They are the best!

OMG we had the same problem. Although my daughter would not go without underwear she would just spend hours digging in out of her butt! After years of looking we finally found some wedgie free panties at Old Navy.

Hanna Andersson briefs, not hipsters.