Seeking Advise on Girls Underwear with No Wedgies

My grandaughter refuses to wear underwear because they give her wedgies. She's 7 yrs old. Does anyone have the same problem or could recommend a panty that won't give her wedgies. She's not overweight, but has her grandma's bubble bottom.

Well, we do have weight problems and the best thing we have found is cotton, good fitting underwear. No wedgies!!!!! I hope this helps because wedgies are very uncomfortable. No hip huggers or anything like that just regular underwear like grandmas wear.

Children's Place as great underwear for my daughter. My daughter is on the thin side, but has a bottom. They work great on her =)

Hi M.-
2 thoughts on this. The first is seamless panties. I know mostly adult women wear them, but they are really thin and light and usually don't move around a whole lot.
The second idea is boy shorts underwear in a really thin stretchy material (almost the same as the seamless panty material). Those can't ride up into the rear.
The last thought (you can get all of these at target, by the way- go to the adult section and just get the extra small sizes- they are tiny) is to get the ones that look like boys tighty whities but are for girls- they are solid cotton and really stay in place. These are my 3 favorites as an adult- I have always hated the wedgie factor, and I have a real hard time with string bikini undies just because I can't imagine the hygiene issue- especially for a young girl. I hope this helps! Good luck!
-E. M.

This might sound strange, but I tried on a pair of my son's boxer/briefs that he'd outgrown (he's bigger than me)...anyway, I love them! No panty lines, they stay put and the waist band was very comfortable. I can't stand bikini or low rise underpants because I always feel like they're falling off.
You might have her give them a try. I really like them!

have you thought about boxers? Specifically boxer briefs? I know, they are boy underwear, but who cares? Besides, these days they do make ones for girls! =)

My daughter starts complaining of wedgies when she has out grown her underwear, when they are too small for her. I just buy the next size up and the wedgie issue goes away.

The same happens when her jeans are getting small. They force wedgies.

S

I was going to suggest what are called boy shorts panties. they are longer cut, more like a boxer brief but for girls. Here's a link to Hanes and their boy shorts for little girls. You can also check out other styles there to see what might work better for her.
http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Products/Kids-Hanes/Kids_Girls...

you should also take some actual measurements to get an accurate size for panties for her. You could also try moving up one size and see if that fixes the problem.

Hanna Anderson sells great underwear. they are in the mall in san jose and have a big internet business.

Try jockey underwear my 7 year old granddaughter likes nothing on her waist ( how did these kids get so picky?, we worn what was given to us!) anyway jockey bikini are good for little ladies they do not ride up if you get the right size and they are not "sexy" they have some cute girl colors and pictures you can look on line at jockey.jockeycom Girls’ Assorted Prints Bikini – 3 Pack $9

1 / 3