Seeking Advice on Where to Send All of the Old Toys

My daughter is 2 and just got an unbelievable amount of toys for her birthday which was the 13th of December, and now Christmas. So many in fact that I've had to clean out her room and re-arrange it. Where should I take her old toys? I want to make sure they go to a good home, to kids that really don't have much and would appreciate them. She's too young to understand now but I want to teach her that when we get new things that we need to send our old things to good homes. Any good advice would be appreciated.

many fire departmants or even the red cross will except gently used items. The great thing about donating to a place like that is you know the items are going to someone that is really in need.

I found myself doing the exact same thing this weekend due to Christmas and my son's birthday being in January. I was discussing this very issue with family members and I think I am goin to take some of the clothes and toys to a shelter and some to the Salvation Army. Good Luck and Best Wishes.

I always take anything extra that we have to the Domestic Violence shelter. Those women that they help are in great need and I know that all my donations are going directly to help someone in true need. The women that they help most of the time have to leave their situation with no more than the cloth's on their back's and their children.

Some places to send old toys and clothes are the following:

Salvation Army

American Red Cross

Safe Houses for Domestic Violence (many have to leave with just the clothes on their backs and some have children who leave their toys behind)

Churches

Shops that specialize in used clothes and toys

Ronald McDonald House

Counseling places

These are just a few of the places that could take these items and find families in need.

Theres a really cool thing on the internet called freecycle where you can give things away for free you can also recieve things for free. You should check it out freecycle.com

I'm with everyone else, childbirth places might take them, you could call the YWCA too...they deal with women and children exclusively who are in need.

Contact one of the larger churches there in Tulsa. I'm sure they would know of some families that are in need. Or maybe you could contact one of the homeless shelters in town. Also, the DHS probably has some type of program that distributes toys, household items, etc..... to families.

TRY DONATING THEM TO THE SALVATION ARMY OR THE RED CROSS.ALSO YOU CAN TRY DONATING THEM IN YOUR DAUGHTERS NAME TO LOCAL CHURCHES OR DAYCARES. ITS WONDERFUL THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO TEACH YOUR DAUGHTER THE ART OF GIVING NOT MANY PARENTS THEMSELVES NO THIS OR HAVE THIS QUALITY.

When both of my children were that age, I started teaching them about how blessed we were to have soooooooo much and that we neede to choose toys to send to other children that did not have as much as us. I actually let them pick out which ones to give (with some guidance). I love Mtn. Homes Project Love and Salvation Army as donation sites.

I would definately check with the local hospitals especially the Childrens Mercy. We have been there several times with our son and they have the Ronald McDonald house they have very few toys for the young to play with and also check with the schools if there are some that take care of disability children then they may need some different items that can help these children learn better.

1 / 3