"Seeking Advice on What to Get My Stepdaughter for Her High School Graduation".

I would like some input on what to get my stepdaughter for her high school graduation that would be inexpensive. My husband and I are trying to come up with ideas, things are extremely tight right now financially. It seems like all the low cost ideas I have come across don't seem special enough coming from a parent or stepparent.

How about a day of nails and hair or facials.
are you close how about a play. I will be in the same
boat soon its so so hard. my kids dont care for my boyfriend any advise for me. Thanks and Congrads

How about a specially engraved Ipod nano?

hey Step Momma

I would say try and give her something she really wants,

If things are tight, I can understand but its a big moment in her life, and you 2 just had a new baby.

Perhaps you can buy her a laptop for college, and pay it off monthly if you can't afford to pay it off right now.

Its big, expensive, and very useful.
Plus its appropriate.

If she already has her own computer,she can leave it behind for her sister and mom.

M

Hi D~
For starters congrats on the new baby! Now about the gift idea, if she is a caring individual, then it shouldnt matter! Remember, things from the heart are what matters the most! I think the locket idea was great, place a picture of her dad and you or a pic of the family in it! That way she can carry all of you with her at her time of growing into adult hood!

things remembered in the mall make beautiful bracelets (silver) with her name engraved.. check it out.. they are really nice. and about 40 or so dollars.. look on line first.. then go and order in store.. good luck

What about a personalized scapbook?

Assuming she's going away to school...

Perhaps you could offer to purchase something for her dorm room if she's going away to school. You could spend an afternoon with her and pick-out her bedding or a piece of luggage. LOTS of coupons available in the paper, so schedule the day out when Macy's or Penney's is having one of their huge sales. Bedding sets can be purchased for under $200, especially during the "door busters".

When I went off to college, a friend of my parents put together a basket of "stuff" that I would need- extension cord, purse-sized umbrella, pencils, pens, white out, mini tool kit, stain remover, etc. It was clever and very personal- and useful!

The other thing you could do is put togther a scrapbook of her senior year. She will want something to take with her to remind her of home. You could get pictures and keepsake either from your own collection or from her mother and put them together for her. This will not be "cheap", but you could do it for under $100.

Not sure what your budget is, but personalized stationary with stamps is a great gift!

How about a photobook filled with pics of her and her friends throughout high school? I was just uploading some of my stepdaughter's pics to Snapfish last night and although she doesn't graduate high school till next year I am thinking of putting a book like that together for her. I think you can do a really nice one for under $30.00.

Good luck whatever you decide. She'll know it came from your heart.

1 / 3