Seeking Advice for Getting Rid of My 6 Month Old's Ringworm

Does anyone have a proven effective way of getting rid of ringworm. My 6 month old has a ringworm on is bottom. He got it when he was on antibiotics for a sinus infection with a full-blown yest infection. The doctor said that the ringworm was part of the whole infection caused by the antibiotic. He told me to put Lotrimin on everything, but the ringworm doesn't seem to be going away and it has been 3 weeks.

my oldest had something that appeared to be a ringworm also once and i asked the doctor to call the med in but i kept looking worse so i took him to his ped. We founf out that it was ezcema.

I had ringworm as a kid and everyone told me to put clear nail polish on it to keep the fungus from breathing... It worked for me.. good luck!

my daughter has had ringworm several times and we just use dandruff shampoo on it. It goes away in a couple of days. Just make sure that you rinse it off really well after letting it sit for a couple minutes and moisturize after every bath. Good luck.

I had several spots on my arms just after my 3 year old was born. I could have sworn they were ring worm and treated them nearly forever. I finally realized it was eczema and started treating it with the Mary Kay extra emmolient night cream that I used on my son's eczema and being really careful about not using scented or harsh soaps and it went away!

If you're nursing, I recommend you taking Diflucan. When my daughter got thrush really bad, it infected my nipples. Then, on top of the thrush, she got ringworm (our cat decided to nuzzle her). So, my ob said if I went on Diflucan, enough would go through my breast milk and work on her fungal infections, also. And it worked. If you're not nursing, try a different brand of antifungal cream - my husband gets athlete's foot about once a year and tinactin is his brand of choice. Hope this helps! Good luck!

good luck your baby is going to get more than ringworms this is just the start..LOL....I am a mother of three, and they each had ring worms, for me I used grandma's therapy,,,... you may not agree but putting a copper penny does the trick....you put the penny over the ringworm then put a nice bandaid, so he's not messing with it..it may help...it worked for all three of mine also along with the lotrimin....you can do it with or without the lotrimin..
good luck....

You can try tea tree oil. I believe it is an anti-fungal.

This may seem strange but it works great--yeast infection cream.
It has worked every time

1 / 3