Seeking ADHD Treatment in North Dallas/Richardson/Plano Area

I am looking for a doctor who does thorough testing and looks at many options for treatment. I do not want to jump to medication, though I know that sometimes there is a chemical imbalance that can be responsible for behavioral issues and therefore medication can help greatly. I am very interested in the brain scan that can better determine the type of ADD/ADDHD and therefore guide treatment, though I know it is not commonly used. Anybody have a doctor in the area they have had success with?

Please let me know too if you find something out about brain scans. My 5 year old has been diagnosed with ADHD and is on medication. While we have seen benefits, we and his therapist and psychiatrist are still seekng other diagnoses that may affect him.

I just this week changed my daughters doctor to Dr. Deborah Bain in Frisco. She is a holistic Peditrician. I went to her office armed with lots of information we everything we were trying. She spent about 1/2 hour talking to us. I thought she was fabulous! You definitely want to have you son checked for sensory integration as one of the other responders suggested. My daughter has recently started Occupational Therapy and is on a couple of different supplements. Sensory integration is what she struggles with. Good Luck!!

Clements clinic in Plano off of the Tollway has all of this.
Also, try the Omega Supplements and the Clements Clinic has a supplement we put in our daughter's drink called Neurolink.
We have used these with our 4 1/2 year old daughter and within 3-4 weeks have noticed a HUGE difference in impulse control and focus, both!
Good Luck.

R.,
I would recommend you call Ditt at the Wellness Center that is located near 635 and Preston Rd. in North Dallas. His number is ###-###-####.

They will test for ADD_ADHD for FREE and then they do the brain mapping you were referring to. Once they identify the type and severity of the ADD, then the appropriate treatments are recommended. They DO NOT recommend meds! Their treatments are a SOLUTION.

I have seen first hand a 1st grade boy who had ADD so severely, that he could NOT function in school at all. After the brain scan and afew treatments, his teacher was AMAZED at the changes!

Hope this helps your son.
K. T.

Hi R.,

I have a few options to offer.

First, like another mama below I switched to Dr. Deborah Bain and have been impressed. She recommended that we first start with an extensive blood test to determine any allergies. Come to find out my son is allergic (at different reaction levels) to most of what we have been feeding him. That alone can present itself as behavioral disorders, etc...

Also, I recommend Dr. Jonathan Walker for nuerotherapy. Check him out at neurotherapydallas.com. There is no flash to his operation and he is a little dry, but we have seen definite improvements through his treatment.

Best of luck to you and your little one!
R.

R.,

I work with a Company that has Nutritional Supplements that has helped kids with ADD/ADHD, Autism and many other issues. The Supplements are very safe, no side effects and I will be happy to connect you with other moms who had benefited.

Best wishes.

A.
###-###-####

R., I could whole heartedly recommend a doctor very close to you in Plano who is a personal friend and has 30+ years experience treating adult adhd. He and his wife are both Christians and they are loving and caring people whose compassion sets them apart from other medical clinic treating this issue. You can find his website at www.docyoung.com. The clinic is located at Independence and 15th st.

Hi R.,
If the doctor recommends supplements, you may want to try "Mighty Smart" by Shaklee. You can order it at http://www.shaklee.net/healthforlife
You may also want to pursue an occupational therapist knowledgeable about sensory integration. There are some simple things than can somethings make a big difference.
V.

1 / 3