Seeking a New Church in McKinney Area

We recently moved to McKinney and have decided to find a new place of worship close to home. We are very picky and want to fid a good fit for the entire family. I am looking for suggestions of places for us to try.

We want a church with a great youth group that includes activities for 3rd & 6th graders. A good message is very important to us as well. We tend to like a more progressive church vs the traditonal route. We have tried fellowship church and think it is a little too impersonal. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated/

GOOD LUCK! I moved from Carrollton to Allen and couldn't find something that fit our whole family. We tried Fellowhip and I didn't care too much for the spirit around the place. However, there's a Fellowship Bible Church behind Target off Parker & 75 -- I like it alot! BTW, they also have the best VBS program. We go on friday evening, and then we attend our regular church in North Dallas on Sundays. My 17+ yr son loves the 1st Baptist in Allen...great, great youth programs but my 5 yr old twin gals luv their church in N. Dalla and I also teach sunday school there. I also enjoy the United Methodist Plano - Parker & Springcreek. You may just have to church-hop for a while. Again, Good Luck!

K.-
My kids and I drive to the Heard Museum and attend Unity Center of Light in the science building in back. It's a smaller congregation, but the message is always very positive and uplifting. It's a little limited with the activities for the older one, but you just can't beat the natural setting. www.UCLight.org.

B. Biehl

Welcome to Mckinney! I moved here from California 3 years ago and found my church home at Trinity Presbyterian Church. I was raised presbyterian and my DH was raised the son of a baptist minister. We tried other churches in the area and found them to be too impersonal and too big. TPC was so welcoming, warm and friendly. They have an AMAZING youth ministry. I have a 4 yr old and 8 month old. My husband and I have been welcomed with open arms and very much enjoy worshiping there. The website is www.tpcmckinney.org Good luck to you in finding your new church home! M.

www.Rheasmill.org wonderful, wonderful church body! Excellent youth group and youth minister, and Connections class for adults. This is a smaller (200 plus) but growing and close, supportive Church Family. Childcare is second to none, and there is Pastor Phil, who will send the message home in the most understanding and interesting way. There are never any snoozers here.
Good Luck and God Bless

Welcome to Mckinney! We have been members at First Baptist McKinney for five years and LOVE it! We love the message Pastor Jeff delivers each week and we love the way they accommodate families so well. There are so many programs and so many ways to get plugged in. Initially, we thought it was a large church (three services), but the opportunities to get involved and form relationships make the church family seem just that - a family. There is a cool program called Kid Stuff your kids would probably love. On top of that, there are sports camps, VBS, mission trips, etc. You can check out www.fbcmckinney.com for info. There are three services. The 8:30 is more traditional and the 9:50 and 11:10 hours are blended contemporary and traditional. We go to the 9:50 service. Our Bible Fellowship Group (Sunday school class) is an opportunity to fellowship with people our age in a more personal setting. We've said over and over that, if we ever move further north, we still want to maintain our membership at FBC. FBC is one of the biggest blessings we've experienced since moving to McKinney and I hope you have a chance to visit soon.

Whatever you decide, I hope you get plugged into a church family soon. It's such a great way to meet people in a new community and I'm sure you're ready to find a new church home.

Take care!

Hi K.:

We just joined Stonebridge United Methodist Church in McKinney. Their website is mysumc.org. I don't have children old enough to be in any youth groups yet, but have heard wonderfull things about the youth groups at Stonebridge. Hope you will give us a try! Good luck and welcome to McKinney.

K.,

I don't know which Fellowship church you are talking about - we go to McKinney Fellowship Bible Church (www.mcfbc.org) and I just love it. If this is not the one you are referring to - you should try it. They now offer different services depending on what you are looking for - visit the website if you want more info. They have a great youth program and the next phase in their building is a whole new building for kids.

Good luck - and welcome to McKinney.

1 / 3