Seeking a Knitting Class or Group Around the Elgin Area

hi, I am looking for someone to teach me how to knit/chrocet (not even sre if I am spelling it right!!) I have heard of knitting groups and think it sounds like so much fun!! any ideas?

J. - I don't know if Geneva is too far for you, but Wool and Company on Third Street does fantastic classes. They have fun groups too.
Welcom to the world of knitting!

Try ECC and/or the Park District. have fun!! xo

There are a couple of yarn stores near you that teach knitting and crocheting - Fishbed Knitting Emporium (316 N River St, East Dundee, ###-###-####) and The Gifted Purl (120 W Main St, West Dundee ###-###-####). There is also a knitting guild that meets in Geneva (Fox Valley Knitter's Guild - www.fvkg.com). Each yarn store has their own knitting groups which will allow you to meet some wonderful people. Good luck and have fun. I take my knitting with me everywhere and knit at my kids' activities.

I used to crochet and have since taught my 11 year old. Fun to learn together, but she decided she wanted to try to knit, something I have never done. So, we purchased the Usborne Book "How to Knit" and it is awesome. What a great easy way to learn. Here is a link to the book you can cut and paste if you are interested http://www.ubah.com/ecommerce/details.asp?sid=A1178&g... or contact me at ____@____.com and I can send you info on the book

Have fun learning!

1 / 3