Seeking a Hall for a Party

Hello,
I'm planning to have a party with about 100 guests in May or June of 2009. I want to find a hall in North side of Chicago or surrounding suburbs where I can bring my own food and alcohol. Most places I've located are banquet halls and they charge by the dinner plate. The VFW hall near my house has a cash bar...but I'd prefer a hall where I can bring my own beverages.

Thank you for any suggestions!

You might try the Chicago Park District. They usually rent out their spaces and some are very nice, old, stately buildings. And they have no prior relationships with caterers.

Best of luck!

Most legitimate locations are not going to allow you to bring alcohol in, since it is a liability to both them and you (I am assuming that you do not have a liquor license and licensed bartenders to serve it). Generally what they will do to cut down some cost is provide the bartenders and then you pay a "corking fee" for them to serve the liquor. It generally doesn't save you all that much money to do it this way though.

You may want to consider whether you want to take on the liability yourself as well, since if you are serving the drinks and someone gets in an accident, etc. you will be held responsible for serving the drinks. This is why establishments with liquor licenses pay a fortune for insurance.

Good Luck,

check w/ any local churches... Queen of Angels on Western has a hall they rent out.

A few years ago, my family threw a 50th anniversary party for my parents at Garfield Park Conservatory. It's a beautiful space. We brought our own beverages, but had the event catered - our choice. Here is a website link: http://www.garfield-conservatory.org/ Check it out.

Hi B.,
Check with some local church's & also your park district.

I used the VFW on Belmont and Oak Park Ave for 460 I believe and you can bring your own food and liquor. I can't think of the name of it, but it starts with an S. It can accomodate over 100 I believe. Hope this helps!

Hi B.-

We had a party for my daughters' baptism at the Morton Grove VFW hall on Dempster close to Waukegan. We were able to cater our own food as long as the caterer was approved to serve food in Morton Grove. I don't think it would be an issue if you brought your own food. We also brought in our own beverages including alcohol. The building has rooms to accomodate parties of various sizes and the building has been recently remodeled and is beautiful. You can rent the space even if you are not a resident but it costs extra.

There is a Community Center in Park Ridge that has a nice space. I believe it's at Touhy & Washington. I'm not sure, though, if they allow alcohal. Good luck.

Best of luck!

1 / 3