Seeking a Fun Place for Kids for Dinner

Hello Moms! I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on places that are fun for dinner for kids besides the usual- McDonald's, Chuck E Cheese. Just looking for a place to take the kids to dinner for my daughter's birthday that might make it kind of fun for her, but nice for parents too. I am looking in the Denver/ Littleton/ Lone Tree/ Highlands Ranch area. Thank you.

I saw some mentions of Casa Bonita, which is very fun although pricey for the quality of the food (which is mediocre at best). But the atmosphere is great! Gunther Toody's s really great as well. It's a 50's style diner, with the waitstaff 'in character' and on roller skates. Very lively and fun, and the food is quite good- burgers, fries, shakes- pretty kid-friendly menu. There is one on Bowles and Wadsworth, as well as on on Arapahoe Rd. just east of I-25. Oh yes, and they do make a big production over birthdays!

cinema Grill - eat dinner and watch a movie

Fat City - bowling, miniature gold, arcade games - much much nicer than Chuck E. Cheese.

Casa Bonita. It's kind of expensive, I think, and the food isn't great, but the kids sure love it, and they think the food is fine. The entertainment is fun, and there's a lot to do -- a cave, a puppet show, etc. Have fun!

my kids love pappadeaux's - there are several locations, DTC & Westminster/ Broomfield area. It's loud, they like looking at the lobsters in the tank and can color at the table. Also like Maggiano's on Sundays in DTC - they have a magician!

My kids favorite place to eat--above Casa Bonita and chuck e cheese's is Red Robin--they just really like the food. If you are looking for a place that has food and activities, what about lucky strike? You can order the food for everyone and they will set it up at the tables behind your lanes, and the kids can bowl and the parents can sit and eat and talk.

Texas Roadhouse in Parker (dont know about other locations) has family night on Monday nights. They offer a list of entrees for adults that are $7.99, and there is a kids menu as well. The Parker location has a balloon artist and a wonderful face painter there on Monday nights starting around 5 or 5:30... good food, more of a noisy atmosphere (good with kids) and things to do. They sing and clap for birthdays. At the end of the kids meal, they get a scoop of vanilla ice cream and then can go to the sundae bar and add cookie crumbles, gummi bears or rainbow sprinkles as well as whipped cream. Could be fun - maybe call a location near you, but an easy drive down C-470 to E-40 or Lincoln out to Parker Rd. then south. Located by the WalMart off of Parker Rd and Twenty Mile (I think). Good Luck!

We also like Red Robin for it's welcoming atmosphere - having kids there and having them be a bit more loud or active never bothers me as much there. Everyone typically has little ones with them.

I know Lodo's has $2.99 kids meals on the weekends...and I think balloons. Not insanely kid festive, but not bad.

1 / 3