Seeking a Doula in the Chicago Area

I am interested in finding a doula in the Chicago area or northern suburbs. If anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated!

I third Birthways. Another option is Abigail Lynn. Her e-mail is ____@____.com is also a licensed massage therapist and one of your meetings with her is a pre-natal massage, a plus for when I was pregnant! :-) Congratulations!!!

I think you can google Amanda Respess...she co taught a pregnancy massage class I took and I thought she was great.
Birthways is a great resource as well.

Hi M.!

I went through Mother Me on Ravenswood. I was going to use Rita DiRito, but ended up with my backup doula Casey Gabel. Had an absolutely AWESOME experience with both of them.

I'm a Pilates instructor, and have a client who used Rita (she referred me to Mother Me), and she had a very, very difficult birth that Rita helped her through immensely.

I'm planning a second baby, and Rita or Casey will for sure be at the birth.

At any rate, their website is www.mothermeinc.com.

I am a doula and I am studying nursing as well. I basicly only charge whatever I would lose from not working during your labor but I am not doing it for profit per se. I just love births and plan on pursuing midwifery. If you're interested in talking further let me know, otherwise I do know other doulas as well.

M.:

congratlaitons!

contact: birthways... www.birthwaysinc.com 888 506 0607

look in the birthlink website.. www.birthlink.com

P., RLC, IBCLC
Breastfeeding and Parenting Solutions

1 / 3