Seeking a Center to Donate Items To

I have been "cleaning" house this past weekend and have numerous baby items: swing set, clothes, sippy cups, etc. that I want to donate to a place that less fortunate mothers will benefit from these items - such as teenage mothers and/or single mothers struggling. I live in Rochester NY and was wondering if anyone knew of any such center?

I also live in Rochester. I'm a single mother of twin 2 year olds & on a tight budget. Their father isn't paying his child support & the divorce put me through the ringer. If you would like to donate anything, we could use fun toys for their age group. I'll take the swing set if it's still available....my daughter loves slides & my son loves swings. I have no clue about any center that might accept donations. The only thing that is coming to mind is the Ronald McDonald House.

Take care,
A.

I'm not sure of exactly the sort of items they take, but I always donate to Association for Battered Women (ABW). the location is secret so you have to call and set up an appointment to drop off items.

Hope this helps!

I have taken maternity clothes, baby clothes and whatnot to Birthright on Monroe Avenue by Pittsford Plaza, in the brick building in front of Rochester Athletic Club (RAC for Women). Their number is ###-###-####. They are very nice folks and always very appreciative.

I go to Craigslist.com and offer things free, there is a Yahoo Group called Freecycle (groups.yahoo.com and do a search) and I gave away my baby bottles there...

I did get a card from a woman when I had a garage sale...they will come to your house to pick up ANYTHING...

www.rochesterwomenscare.com and the number is ###-###-#### and the person I spoke with is Linda and her line is ###-###-####.

The location of this place is:
3252 Lake Avenue, Rochester, NY 14612

1 / 3