Secret Sister Gift Ideas.... HELP!!!!

Ok, so my MOPS group decided to do Secret Sisters this year and I have NO CLUE what do give as gifts; esp since the budget is only $5 per month. I am not a creative person and that definitely doesn't help. They did have us fill out a small questionnaire that they then mailed to whoever our Secret Sister ended up being, but she gave me very little to work with. Most of the fields she left blank, so all I''m left with is her fave magazine, a thing that she likes to collect (which is a ridiculously expensive brand that she really should've not even bothered putting on there considering we know the budget restrictions before filling the paper out) and her fave "treat", which she put as fruits and veggies?! How am I supposed to work with that?!?! So, anyway, I need HELP!!!! Any ideas out there?

~ CC

Thank you sooo much everyone! I now have an abundance of ideas that I will definitely be using!

She didn't say plain fruit, did she? If she didn't specify, I'd dip raspberries or strawberries in chocolate, wrap them in cellophane, and put it in a large mug or small basket.

fav treat: fruits & vegies.....WOW! It would have been my last choice!

Okay, sticking with the subject at hand: a pineapple in the middle of a basket, surrounded by beautiful apples & a few nuts/grapes. Big bow on top or use cellophane wrapping paper + the bow.

$5 Starbucks gift card

Magazine

Dried fruit

Dehydrated, dried veggies (even I like those)

$5 bill in a funny card

Uplifting saying for her desk

Sharpie has these 2 little silver markers in a package (bought them for
a stocking stuffer

A little plant for her desk

$5 bouuet of flowers from the grocery store

Have fun!

I'm confused. Do you buy a $5 gift each month or can you just buy a couple a year?

If once a month.
January: Her magazine!
February: A bag of candy tied up with ribbon.
March: A cute key chain
April: Flowers
May: A Good Book for Summer
June: Cute Flip Flops. Buy cheap ones and glue something cut on it.
July: Bottle of Wine or Lip Gloss.
Aug: A funny refrigerator magnet
Sept: A notebook of your favorite recipes
Oct: A Halloween something: Hallmark has all sorts of cute stuff.
Nov: Thanksgiving something:
Dec: Holiday Something.....ornament

Otherwise do $30 on her birthday and $30 in December. Send little cards on occasion.

You can give a gift card to DonorsChoose.org for as little as $5. I got one of those last year and had the best time spending it, even though I only had $10 on the card.

Gift card to a smoothie place seems like another good option.

Go to the Dollar store and get a basket and fill it with a variety of fruit, wrap in celephane and a bow.

A basket with a few pieces of fruit
A happy "just because" note/card sent in the mail
The most recent issue of her magazine
$5 Gift card to Starbucks

??

$5 gift to Starbucks would be my favorite!

What about a carrot crinkle cutter or an apple slicer?

Or just a basket of fresh fruit, like somebody else suggested. Mmmm :-)

1 / 3