Second Row of Teeth???!!!

Eeeks! My almost 6 year old daughter is late to lose any of her baby teeth. She finally has her two front bottom teeth a little loose, but when I looked closely, I noticed her permanent teeth coming in right behind her baby teeth. One just poked through the surface and I can see the other right under her gum. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I have 5 kids and all of them have lost their teeth late which is GREAT! The longer they stay in (according to my dentist) the better their adult teeth will be. It's apparently a sign of healthy teeth and gums if it takes them longer to fall out so don't stress, it's a good thing. My daughter was 6 when she lost her first teeth and has since not lost any more. HTH!

My oldest which is 15 had the same thing happen and they were not loose at all, so I had to have them pulled. Now her permanent teeth were not in line with the others, but the dentist said they would move up into place once the baby teeth were gone and they did. Now I am having the same problem with my younger daughter which is alomost 9 with a front tooth. Now if her baby teeth are loose the permanent teeth might push them out. good Luck

My daughters almost never lost their teeth on their own the dentist could tell from the x-rays that the teeth were ready to come out and pull out the baby teeth. Once they are loose they would just fall out on their own if the tooth is already coming out.Your baby may be the same.

I've seen it twice. My friend whose daughter is six that went through this most recently was told my the dentist that it is normal.

One of my girlfriends had that happen with her daughter just a couple of weeks ago. They went in and had the baby teeth pulled. She said it went smoothly. HTH.

On my daughter's x-ray I could see the second row already there and crooked below the gum line. It was freaky! Sounds like its time to call the dentist.

It's normal.
The permanent tooth will push out the baby tooth when it's time.
If it's loose, you may try to pull it...if not- you can always try an apple ;-) and there you go.....

This happened to my daughter (bottom two front teeth) at age 6 and I of course panicked and rushed to the dentist. My dentist said it was nothing to worry about and happens quite a lot. The dentist said permanent teeth can come in faster than the baby ones can fall out.
Her baby teeth fell out in their own time and the natural motion of the tongue pushed the permanent teeth into the proper position.

1 / 3