Second Pregnancy Completely Different from First?

Hi Ladies:
I am in my 9th week of my second pregnancy and stunned by how completely different it is. My first pregnancy was a breeze. I was hardly sick, felt wonderful. This time around, about two days after I tested positive, I was bowled over by nausea, headaches, fatigue, I'm completely broken out, and have had the worst case of constipation imaginable. And its only week 9! I'm interested in knowing if you have had similar experiences. Also, did you have a different gendered baby? I've heard there really isn't any correlation between a different pregnancy and having a different gender, but its hard not to wonder. Thanks!

M.-
I have had 5 pregnancies... my first two were perfect fine, one ended in a still born - no reason why.... last 3 were all different but were not easy each one was unique and had its own special "treats" to them just like all of my kiddos. don;t worry about it....I had a rash the last preganancy that covered my entire body and would only itch after 8pm... and irritable bowel if I ate anything I was craving but I have a healthy boy from it so its worth it@

I don't have any advice for you but just wanted to let you know that I'm having the same experience. I'm 19 weeks pregnant with my second child & this pregnancy has been so much harder than my first (I have a 16 month old boy). I can tell you that now I feel much better than I did in the first trimester but am still SO tired. I know some of it is related to chasing around my very active boy. :-) I'm also curious if this one will be a girl since it's so different but I won't know until Feb. Good luck & know that you're not alone!

My first pregnancy was loooong. I was sick and tired the entire time. Everything was a "chore". I was so exhausted and fatigued... my second pregnancy was a breeze. Just some nausea in the first trimester. I had a boy both times.

I have 3 children, 1 boy and 2 girls. I most DEFINITELY felt different with my girls. I didn't have morning sickness with any to the extent of vomiting but had some nausea. The nausea was pretty mild with my son but was more intense for my girls. However, the nausea with my boy lasted longer into my pregnancy dwindling in duration (lengths of bouts) and time lapses (came an went day to day then every few days, etc) between as time went on. With my girls, the nausea was more intense and the duration (bouts of it) was longer; however, was totally gone earlier (by week 10 or so vs 16 for my boy). Also, my cravings were different. For all 3, I craved sweets in my 3rd trimester big-time. Early on for my boy, I craved more proteins (mainly beef) and veggies but didn't like chicken. For my girls, I didn't really crave protein as much but more junk food such as sweets from the beginning all the way through. There was a difference in how I carried my boy vs my first girl, but I truly believe that depends on whether it's your first or not. Your body stretches out much more easily for that 2nd one and on. :)

1 / 3