Second Period in One Month? Strange and Scary

I know I may be asking for much, but I just wish someone who went through the same thing could answer.
I have had my period which was a day shorter than usual but I didn't mind. At the time I should have been
ovulating I started spotting for three days until it got heavier and more like a period, except with the spotting
the whole "second period" lasted about 10 days.The whole spotting started two weeks before my next period was due.
I have been sexually active but it would have been too early to tell if I could be pregnant. I currently have no insurance and am between switching doctors, I am going to make an appointment with a new GYN doctor soon but was hoping someone who has gone through a similar experience could help put my mind at ease.
I have read online that it could be a number of scary things including cancer.
To add before my "second period" my breasts were tender and sensitive and I have felt mild nausea, but did not think much of it.
Please only answer if you have experience or knowledge on the subject.
I already know I need to see a doctor.
I forgot to add that I am 29 so I don't suspect menopause.

Sometimes it just happens. Don't freak out. Are you having any pain in your ovary area on one side? If you are, you need to get looked at. I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2006 that started out as 10 day bleeding that I thought was a 2nd period. Then I started having pain in my ovary area. Take a dollar store pregnancy test and go ahead and make an appt.

think it happens more frequently than you think. Just this month I had 2 myself. I know I wasnt pregnant, and I was just in to the OB for a check up and all was well. It freaked me out a bit as well. I never had that before. Usually I skip if anything. Also this second one I had was far more painful than I am used too. Excessive bloating, and cramping. Highly emotional and very sensitive. Think it was just my month. Sometimes our body, especially when we start getting older, gets thrown off. I am sure it was telling me, hey hurry up and use you remaining eggs lady!!! I think as long as that doesnt happen again next month, and everything goes back to normal. Not to worry. If your having any lasting pain, localized pain, or pain during intercourse. By all means get on in to the doc.

It's possible that you have a cyst of some kind. They can cause spotting, breast tenderness, and nausea. Most cysts are benign, but if possible, you really should get in to see the doctor. If nothing else, you'll get an answer (and it's usually not as bad as what the internet makes it appear).

I think I was around 30 when the predictability of my period was just thrown to wind. I would have one every 20 days and then turn around and not get my period for 3 mos. I would see the doctor if this strange spotting continues with your next cycle. Sometimes, we just get "off".

I used to have a problem with my periods being irregular after I had my son. My periods were less then 21 days apart, and I had my period sometimes twice each month. My Dr. put me on Birth Control, and I have not had any issues since. However, if you are sexually active and having spotting, or if anything seems abnormal, you should see your GYN just to be sure. Good luck to you!

Check out www.stopthethyroidmadness.com. It's possible you could have a thyroid condition. Too-frequent periods can be a sign of an under-active thyroid. If this is the problem, you probably have other symptoms as well (check the website above - there's a list of symptoms).

1 / 3