School Years Memory Book

My four year old son will be going to preschool in September and I am trying to find a school years memory book that I can record all of his memories in. I used to be a scrapbooker before I had kids so I want to try to record all these precious memories but I don't have the time right now to do a traditional scrapbook for him. Has anyone found any fill in the blank books that they like? Thanks for all your help.
L. Fullmer

Barnes & Noble has a great one that comes in a stiff cardborad pocket to keep everything tidy. It has pockets, places to add info, questions about each year.

I had bought school record books for all my kids, they also have baby books that go up through the school years but what I loved more then all that is a simple notebook where I could write a journal of everything they do. I also do that on my granddaughter online and print it out and put it in a fabric covered notebook with page protectors. I put in the napkin and invitations to their parties, the special things they do, pictures I put on card stock and stick them in there too. It is wonderful looking through it and reading about things they did and said from day one. I put my feelings down and even as teens I would put in there when I was feeling hurt by their rebelling. It is part of their lives and they will go through it with their children and it will help them remember that this too shall pass and kids come back around to the morals you taught them.

I am a HUGE fan of Shutterfly (online) and am using some of their keepsake books for our son. The books are something you do online, but they have the interactive forms and the ability to upload pictures. I am actually redoing my son's baby book because we only got about 1/2 through the one we were doing by hand. We also started a book that will be for ages 1-4. The site is great and it holds all your projects online so you can update things as you have time and their storage capacity is great so you can have the same project open for years (if necessary).

I don't know if this is what your looking for, but I had these for all three of my boys. This was pre-scrapbooking days......

http://www.lillianvernon.com/catalog/product_display.jsp?...

If you scroll down the page a little, you can get the book alone......I plan on buying these for my grandkids who start pre-school this fall.

Hope this helps...

R.

I make mine on snapfish.com I'm not an artsy craftsy person, I don't have the patience and I'm not that creative! However, I upload my digital pictures (scanning the old ones and uploading them too) and then go to the website. You can get a nice hard backed book, leather bound ones, and there is all kinds of paper you can choose from too.

Hallmark has some really nice albums/scrapbooks that all you need to do is slide in the pictures. I think they also has have some places to write information and keep special things from the year. They have one that is titled preschool memories or school days.

My mother-in-law got a great thing that is exactly that! It asks for important things: your child to write his name each year, a folder for important projects you want to keep, a list of friends, and other information--teacher's name, etc. I love it! She bought it at a school book fair and the book is published by Reader's Digest.

L.,
Not sure where you live, but I'm almost positive the Lakeshore Learning Store in St. Louis Park carries them. They also have the big "portfolios" for keepsake art.

As for the smaller book, we have the kind with a page for each school year and pockets inside for report cards, school photos, etc. I saw some also on Amazon.

If you would like to do online digital scrapbooking, I can help. I am a consultant with Heritage Makers. My website is www.MyPhotobookStory.com.

The templates are 100% customizable, it's all online, and uses drag and drop technology, which is great. Plus, there are webinars and youtube videos to help get you started.

Watch this 5min video to give you an idea of what we are about! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irdqtq7mF6Y

For more information, please contact me at ____@____.com.

1 / 3