School? - Carthage,MO

just curious what time do you think a 6 year old should go to bed on a school night?

At that age, my boys were in bed, lights out no later than 7:30pm because we were always up pretty early (5:30-6am-ish) and kids need LOTS of sleep. Even now, as teens, there are nights when my sons are in bed asleep by 7:30-8pm because they're worn out from the day.

Darn...

7:30, so there out by 8:00. You will know if that's to early because he will wake up on his own before the alarm goes off!

For my DD we start getting ready for bed at 8 by the time she potties, brushes teeth...REALLY brushes teeth then read stories and snuggles she is usually in bed and semi asleep by 9

Depends on when they need to be up. I'd say kids that age need a good 10-12 hours (depending on the kid).

My 5 year old needs to be up at 6:30 for school, so her bedtime is 7pm with her being asleep by 7:30 at the lastest.

Darn...

my kids went to bed at 7:30 until they got to 5th grade. but we get up at 6am

My 6 year old needs at least 10 hours of sleep. During school she needs to get up at 6:30 AM so we put her in bed at 8:00 PM.

I agree with MamaLucky. My grandchildren's bedtime when they were 6 was 8PM. They got up at 7AM. The books say kids this age need approximately 12 hours of sleep. Of course children vary in their needs for sleep. If 8PM doesn't work, try another time.

I would say 8:00. 8:30 at the absolute latest.

7:30 or 8:00 pm. Definitely not later than 8:30 though.

Ten to 11 hours before they need to wake up.

The book "Nurtureshock" talks about recent research on the negative effects on kids of too little sleep. It was pretty shocking how much even an hour less of sleep affects kids ability to do well in school. Lack of sleep has also been linked quite conclusively with weight gain and obesity at all ages.

1 / 3