'Scentsy' Wax Spilled on the Wall

Any tips on how to get melted wax off of a painted wall? I tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, but that didn't help much. My husband wants to just paint over it, but I think the texture will look weird if the wax build-up is still there. Thanks!

Try a warm iron and paper towels. Place paper towels on wax and iron over it. The iron should melt the wax and the paper towels absorb the wax. I would call a home inprovement store such as Home Depot to get advice on painting over the wax. I don't think the paint will adhere to the wax.

You scrape it off when it dries. To paint over it, sand it a bit then mimic the texture of the wall over that with the hole filler/spackle if needed.

Scrape it off with a putty knife. You might need to touch up the paint after.

Ugh. I did that too. It was a dark purple wax on white paint... I got the wax off, but it had stained the paint so we did have to piant over it. I agree with sanding it a bit to get rid of the residue, then painting.

1 / 3