Scar Tissue After Hysterectomy

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has ever experienced painful scar tissue after they had any kind of surgety? I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago and I am having some pain where the incision is. I went to my GYN doctor and she said that I have scar tissue, but if they go in and clean it out, it will just produce more scar tissue. She prescribed Naproxyn to me and told me that I would just have to tolerate it until I have more severe pain which might be another problem. Can anyone give me any advice on what should I do? I want to go and get a second opinion, but looking for more information.

I Don't have scar tissue.However i just had a hysterectomy 6 weeks ago I thought i was going to feel better .but i don't when will this be better ?

The best advice I have is to see a physical therapist who specilizes in muscles of the pelvis. This person should be able to break up some adhesions and do myofascial release. Sometimes (s)he might work internally, potentially awkward for some of you, but this can help to get right to the source. I went to a PT who changed my life---freed me of painful intercourse/chronic constipation/hip pain. Took 9 months of weekly treatment, but what a difference! C.

I have had several abdominal procedures, ending with a full hysterectomy at age 32. I am now 46, and have suffered with adhesions(sticking together) for years. I had one surgery to remove the scar tissue that was affecting my colon, but have ignored the problem since. The pain is always there, but you do learn to live with it.

My name is D.. I'm a physical therapist and have worked with women with internal scar tissue problems after abdominal surgeries such as hysterectomy and C-section. Your doctor is right in telling you that another cut to try to remove scar tissue will just create more of it in the end.

My suggestion to you is to find a good women's health physical therapist in your area. Your OB-GYN may be able to give you some direction. Use of manual therapy techniques like deep tissue scar massage/scar release and myofascial release has worked really well for me in the past with other patients. The treatment is not the most comfortable, but will give long term results in alleviating symptoms like abdominal and back pain, to name a few.

If you are unable to find a physical therapist in you area, write back to me and I will talk to a collegue of mine to see if she can't help me find someone for you. In the meantime, try hot compressions to both your abdomen and low back at the same time, 20 minute sessions several times a day. There's also some stretches that may help, but try to find a PT in your area first that can better assist you. Write be back if you need to.

Sincerely,

I can't really answer that for you, because I too have suffered from pain after my Hysterectomy in 2008. I now have been told I have a demaged Left Kidney and ureter and scar tissue that have stop my bowels from moving at all. They want to do major surgery to fix the demage ureter and cut out any and all scar tissue if they can. Ifeel the same way if I let them cut out scar tissue it will cause more scar tissue, and I'm tired of them messing me up don't think I will ever be the same again no matter what. I don't know how I can live with this daily pain either Pray for me

I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago and I have very painful scar tissue issues from time to time where they removed my left ovary. I had a bad bought this weekend and needed help getting out of bed. It is so painful, I almost regret getting the hysterectomy.

I am not sure what to do. I don't want to have a surgery to get it removed, as you are right, it only produces more. I end up taking Motrin and use a heating pad.

If you would like to talk more, please email me at ____@____.com.

Thanks and hope you are feeling better.

Hi! I had a very similar issue when I had my c-section.I had my son in 1998 and shortly after I started having some pain on the left side of my incision. Mostly this pain would occur around the same time as my menstrual cycle and would last about 5 days. The area was always sensitive to the touch, sort of like a bruise, but it was very painfull around my cycle. I kept addressing the issue to my doctor and he insisted it was just scar tissue and advised me to take pain relievers when the pain became to intense. I lived with this pain for about 7 years before I adressed the issue again.I had just got remarried and my husband and I were talking about having more kids and I was concerned that the pressure of the large belly would be too painful. My doctor then ran all kinds of tests for cysts but nothing turned up and the pain got worse once I stopped talking birth control. So out of desperation I finally went to a new doctor and within 20 minutes she new exactly what it was! It was a small mass that was just skin deep. She said that sometimes during surgeries like that small masses of abnormal cells get trapped in the incision. So 3 weeks later I went in for a quick reletively painless out patient surgery and I have had no pain since. P.S. after my surgery I concieved six weeks later, had another c-section in January, and still no pain!! Hope this helped you some. I know how frustrating it can be. Good luck!!

I would definitely get a second opinion! I had a severe case of scar tissue after having a c-section. A year after having that c-section I ended up having a hysterectomy and my ob cancer doc told me that my uterus was attached to my stomach lining by the horrible amount of scar tissue I had so that was one of the reasons for the severe pain I suffered with for a year. He did his best to get rid of as much as he could during that surgery and it definitely did help. I don't think you should ever have to just "wait until it hurts more"....that's not very helpful! Definitely seek a second opinion!

I had a total hysterectomy 13 years ago and I am having pain associated with this surgery. I'm told it's scar tissue. It hurts and your doctor said it only makes it worse if you have it cleaned out? Geez :(

1 / 3