Scar from C-section Still Getting Red and Painful

Hi! I'm hoping someone can relate to my problem and offer some advice. I have had two c-sections in the last five years. My four year old was two weeks late and inducing labor did not work so we had to have a c-section. When I was pregnant with my second son who is 15 months now, my doctor would not do a vbac so I had no choice but to have a second c-section. My problem is that my scar has always remained very sensitive and there are times, like right now, that it actually gets red and burns or itches like it is infected. This has been happening since my first child was born but seems to be happening more frequently since my second baby. I don't think I healed properly the second time around but my doctor really didn't make a big deal about it. My scar opened up, I was on antibiotics, and the pain left me walking hunched over for several weeks after I had my second son.
Does anyone else out there still have pain or get infected years after their c-section? A friend of mine who had twins by c-section said that it to happened to her only once during a weather change but that is all.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have had three sections and that does not sound normal. Please get in to see the doc asap. You can have an internal abcess. Red and painful is certainly a sign of an infection somewhere...let us know!

Not sure about a specific type of scar but I use Lavender Essential Oil on my scars and any other skin problems. For me it works on any skin problems such as insect bites, cuts and burns. I absolutly love this stuff. If you want more info on scars go to this website and type in your questions and see what pops up.
http://www.oil-testimonials.com/7532
If I can help you with anything related to essential oils let me know. You can also visit my website: youngliving.org/sherylhawkinson I'll be happy to help you. Trust me this stuff works!

If your tummy hangs down a little over the incision (like it does for a lot of women!) you may have a yeast infection in the area. My daughter had the same problem after her C-section. You may try some yeast infection creams and see if that helps.

I have had problems with several scars. The worst was from an appendectomy scar. I had my appendix out when I was nine but did not have problems with the scar until after I had my son. My physical therapist recommended "Neural Therapy". Google that term for more information, it is basically small injections of procaine in and around the scar. Dr. Robert Thoreson D.O. does this kind of therapy and has helped me tremendously. His number is ###-###-#### he is located on Jollyville Road in North Austin. I hope this will help you!

Best Wishes,

Try some Melaleuca oil. I used Mela Gel on my scars and it help tremendously.

I had as second C-section 4.5 months ago and now I have no feeling in the lower part of my stomach. It was my third abdominal surgery ( ovary removed 5 yrs ago ) and I have noticed this time the incision site gets red and itchy. It is from bacteria that like to grow in the dark. Put antibiotic ointment (Neosporin) on it and the itching goes away almost immediately and the redness subsides in a couple of days.

I had my 3rd c-section almost 10 months ago and I've had a small area that would get red and irritated. My doctor told me it was due to a normal bacteria found on some people and sometimes when it gets disturbed (scratching, scaring, etc.) it opens the skin and allows the bacteria in. She gave me an RX for an ointment (3 tubes) and I've only had to use it once (so far.)

Ask about an allergic reaction to the suture used. There are several different types docs can use and you could be sensitive to it. Especially since this happened twice it sounds suspicious.

Also go see another doctor. A good doc will be receptive to your concerns. Any type of reaction after surgery should be dealt with promptly - even if it's "nothing" in your opinion. Too may times little stuff can lead to big complications if ignored.

Mine did that, and then one day I couldn't take the pain anymore just a light breeze made me want to die. Then it started to create the huge absess. I went to the Emergency Department and they told me not only was it infected but it was staph. They put me on high dose antibiotics and then cut out the infected part of that scar and then I had to pack it everyday with fresh saline soaked dressings. So I would definately go to the doctor and have it checked out.

1 / 3