Sanitizing Pacifiers

How do you clean your pacifiers?
My twin girls are two and a half and use their pacis at naptime and bedtime.
When they get up they put their pacis in the sink and then I clean them
with soap and water. I sometimes feel like this isn't enough and we've had a
lot of sicknesses passed back and forth this winter. Should I throw them away
and start new?
It seems silly to do that since they're so old! Any suggestions on how to
keep them clean?
thanks,

thanks for the responses. i do put them in the dishwasher sometimes and i boiled them too and will continue to do that, although i'll probably buy some more. my kids have not been "normal sick" this winter. this has been crazy. today two of them spent the afternoon throwing up. this is following first a week long bout of rotovirus (anyone who has had this awful thing come into their home knows how crazy it is), two ER visits for that, then they all got an adenoid virus which means they got crazy sore throats, conjunctivitis, and my son spent a week on the couch with a 104 fever. my daughter got it and was up all night every night for over a week. as soon as she recovered (for a day) from that, she began throwing up for two days. she now has diahrea and the other two began vomiting today. before all this started (the past 2 months), we had the stomach flu, pneumonia (one daughter), and many coughs and colds, oh, and bronchitis.
i'm sure i'm forgetting something.....
so i don't think i'm being a germaphobe, we really have been hit hard and i'm trying to figure out if i need to make some changes

Goodness, you're already washing them more than anyone I've ever met! Don't worry about it. The pacifiers are most likely not the cause of sicknesses being passed around; that's called Normal Life With Kids and it does get better as they get older. Just roll with it. Germ-free is impossible and not even desirable; you want them to be exposed to some germs to build up their immune systems.

I use the micro santizing bags from my breast pump. Quick and easy...but I also replace them every couple months. They do get yucky no matter what....

Put them in your mouth, suck them off and give them back to your kids. Don't be too worried about germs. Kids need germs to build up their immune systems.

I put my daughters in the dishwasher on the top rack in a basket.

What i do with my daughter pacifers is boil them in hot water for 30 minutes -

I have a 3 year old. And I am going through the same thing
What I do to sanitize, I boil them in a pot for a couple of minutes after I wash them with soap and water.

Boiling them for 5 minutes once a week is what I was told!

you can sterilize them either in a sterilizer or putting them in boiling water for a few mins.

1 / 3