Sailor Suit or Not?

Hi everyone...hopefully I can get some honest opinions. We are taking our children with us on a cruise next month and I am torn on what to dress my 2 1/2 yr old son in for the formal dinner. I thought it might be cute to either put him in a sailor suit or one of those old fashioned knickers/suspenders with a hat outfit for the occasion. I just wanted to know other mom's thoughts on whether the sailor suit is tacky or if I should just go with the knickers.

T.-

I just came back from a cruise last week. At the formal night the men were wearing suits, ladies in dresses and most of the little kids were wearing khaki pants and polo shirts. I think that he would look out of place in the knickers. The sailor outfit would be a better choice.

Have a great time!

I think both are cute ideas for dinner. I love sailor suits on baby or toddler boys....as long as they are the cutesy ones and not like a 'captain' style with vest, patches and all! :) Enjoy it!!

I would totally go with the sailor suit! Since he's two and a half he's going to get tons of attention from that cute outfit. Hey he might even get to meet the captin of the ship and be able to "help" drive the ship :)

Have a great time!

Have a great time!

T.-

Have a great time!

Oh yeah, go with the sailor suit!! It would be so adorable!

I am not found of the Sailor suits. i would just dress him up in pants and a dress shirt.

Please no sailor suit or knickers. My grandson has been on 8 cruises, he started at age three. For his first cruise I purchased him a white suit and a black suit with shirt and ties, black dress shoes and suspenders. He was charming his first year. After that he always looked forward to dressing up in his suits for formal night like his dad, uncle and granddad.

Maybe not the sailor suit unless it didn't look too girly. Too bad there isn't a way to post pictures of the outfits. One of my friends had their son(just turned three) dressed up in a sailor suit for a party. I thought it was rather girly looking and had to make sure my face didn't let on. While I said nothing to him at the time, my husband also made a comment about his outfit and so did a few other people. Let's just say it became a topic of discussion. I am all for cute clothes for boys (I have two boys) but I think some outfits can be a little much. Perhaps the sailor suit that you have is cuter than the one that my friend had because that was tacky. Every sailor suit can look different.

I'm a HUGE fan of sailor outfits, so I put the sailor outfit...too cute! :)

Though it is adorable, it may be a bit cliche'. There are several stores that have adorable "little man" clothes. Both of my cousins just had baby boys and I have GONE WILD buying them "little men" outfits. If you dress him in a sailor suit for a cruise your only setting it up so that when he's six-teen he'll look back at the pictures of the cruise and say "MOM!!! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING????"

1 / 3