Safety of Monistat While Breastfeeding?

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has been able to locate any safety info about using Monistat for a yeast infection while breastfeeding. My daughter is 11 months old and close to weaning (BF 3x a day) but I am experiencing an unpleasant yeast situation and am not sure if I can use Monistat and OF COURSE it is Easter weekend and I can't get in to see the Dr. for 2 days!! Any info you have found or experience would be helpful...thanks!

I tried all of the medications for yeast infections and none of them worked for me. I kept a yeast infection all the time. When I started taking Shaklee Garlic tablets on a regular basis (which are good for a lot of different things), I got rid of the yeast infection and have not had a problem since.

Also, a really good probiotic is essential.

Yes, it is safe to use while bf'ing

Try www.kellymom.com too :)

I always find myself going to that site to see if it's safe for me to take whatever it is I need to take. :)

According to the Medications and Mother's Milk guide, Monistat should be safe to use while breastfeeding. Hope this helps!

my sister has used it while nursing. it is safe

I was able to use over the counter yeast meds while pregnant(don't remember which brand but one like you mentioned). My doctor had no concerns so I bet it's ok. Ask the pharmacist at your local Walgreens or CVS.

I second the probiotics, plus cut back on any sugar, white bread, or other unbeneficial carbs and increase raw, fresh food.

I talked to my doctor about it last year and they said it was safe.

Just by way of a suggestion, you might consider probiotics(acidophilus) from you local health food store(whole foods, market street, central market, etc). They will definitely help/get rid of yeast issues. They are also very safe for use while nursing.

1 / 3