Safety Monitors!!

Hi, I am currently registering for my baby shower and was wondering if any of you had any good recommendations(or bad reviews!) on a certain baby monitor. I wasn't expecting another baby so soon so I sold the one I had. It was the expensive one with the tv screen. I don't think I need such an expensive one this time around. Just one that lasts, is clear,and has a decent signal. Thanks!

I recieved the FIRST YEARS brand saftey monitor at my baby shower and it is wonderful, i haven't had any problems with it at all. It also is not very expensive i believe it was pruchased at Target. Good luck!

I actually use the Angel Sounds monitor by Bebe sounds. It is very clear, and we haven't had any problems with it. The best thing is that it has a sensor pad you put under the crib mattress, and it sets off an alarm if it doesn't detect motion from your baby breathing (yes, it's that sensitive). I am so in love with this monitor. It's the only way I was able to get any sleep when we first brought our DD home. Good luck.

I second the Sony recommendation. I think we had different monitors for all four of my kids. I tried 3 different models the last time. Sony had the clearest and farthest signal, and also no interupptions. You will get them alot with some models, which is scary to wake up in the middle of the night and hear static!

Sony is by far the best for the monitors, I had a friend give me her set, and it was in storage for 2 years, I charged it up, and works crystal clear!, check out some of the resale shops, before you buy new! Look for Sony, you won't be disappointed.

We have Sight & Sound Assurance Video Monitor 900 Mhz
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265781
It worked only 5 months! A night camera dosn't work, there is only a sound. Now we cane use this monitor only in the day time with the sound and a picture, and there is only the sound in the night.

Sony Baby call is great... We have had two sets. I purchased and returned about 6 other brands of different monitors. Sony has two settings...on all the time to hear breathing and movements, etc.. and voice activated. This is the onlyway I got any sleep. Iam a super light sleeper and would stay awake with just the sounds of breathing. We still use them today when the kids are sick. I wouldn't use anything else.

Gooc Luck!

I love the Sony too. Have used for both my kids.

When my second was born, I decided that I needed to get a monitor that I could use for both of my children. I bought a Safety 1st monitor that has three child units and two parent units. I love it because I now have one child unit in each of the kids rooms and one in the playroom. At night, my husband sets his parent unit to our son's room and I have my unit set to our daughter's room. That way we can hear both of the children at night. I'm including a link to the unit but this one that I found at Babies R Us only has one parent unit ~ this is the exact same set that we have but we have the one with two parent units. I believe that it was $99.99 when we got it last year.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2433027
Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

I love our hand held color monitor by summer infant. It is a little expensive I think around $160.00, but I cannot tell you how many times it kept me from running into our children's room at night. It is so comforting being able to look at them and know they are o.k.

1 / 3