Safe Teethers

I am looking for teethers that are safe for my baby. I have several and they all seem go over well with my baby, however my doctor suggested that I find some that are not made in China. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I use this thing called a Baby Safe Feeder (Sassy also makes a similar product) that has a handle and a little net bag that attaches. YOu can put different stuff inside the bag for the baby to chew on. It doesn't need to be frozen - you can do crackers, meat, etc. But when my baby is teething I freeze fresh fruit (like cantalaupe, peaches, etc) and then put the little cubes into the baggie for her to chew on. It is yummy and it soothes her gums! I got it at Babies R Us on Cooper St. near the Parks Mall.

under the nile makes great organic cotton teethers. just google them online. they have a bear and a bee teether, and their organic cotton fruit and veggie toys make good teethers too. you may want to look into amber teething necklaces as well. the babies don't chew on them; they just wear them and the "benefits" are absorbed through the skin.

I totally agree with your doctor- they shouldnt put anything suspicious in their mouths. I dont give my son plastic to teethe on at all. I have been very happy with the HABA brand of teethers. They are all wood and made in Germany. You can find them on the internet, I know Amazon.com carries a couple of styles.

This one is cheap, in fact free! Wet 1/2 of several wash clothes and freeze them in a zip lock bag. I kind of scrunch up or roll the wet end so it will be thicker for chewing. When you only wet 1/2, the baby's hand doesn't get too cold since he/she can hold the dry part. Babies ususally love to chew on textured cloth.

I dampen washcloths and freeze them.

1 / 3