Safe Flavored Water Packets for Toddlers W/ No Aspartame????

I have a hard time getting my daughter to drink water. Are there any safe, low sugar flavored packets to put in the water bottle that are safe for toddlers? I notice a lot of teh packets like crystal light, sugar free wylers, sugar free hawaiian punch all have that artificial sugar and/or aspartame whiuich I've heard is not good for kids. i did notice pedialiyte has those packets for water to replenish electrolytes when kids ahve diahrea or vomiting. is pedialyte only used when kids have diahrea or can it be used for normal drinking?

or does anyone have ideas of how to flavor the water safely and in a healthy way?

If you don't want any added sugar then try a squeeze of lemon or lime. You can use the juice from watermelon or a pineapple. You could also buy a bottle of 100% juice and put just a splash for some flavor. I would stay away from any of the packets, they aren't good for anyone. Pedialyte is probably fine but IMO (and my daughter's) it tastes terrible.

I give my 2 yr old sun herbal tea. I buy the celestial seasonings mixed fruit variety pack. I make about 1 quart at a time so I use about 2 or 3 bags and mix up the fruit. Then I chill it and serve it cold. He LOVES it. It's healthy and sugar-free. If you really want you could add honey I guess, but my son likes it without, so I don't bother to add the sugar. Good luck!

save all the hassle - encourage drinking regular water. if she absolutely pitches a fit (first thing i would do is banish anything else from the house), add a squeeze of fresh fruit. that's as far as i would go. you are the mom. good for you trying to encourage healthy habits, but water is best.

YES. The Brand "Hint". It is an already "flavored" water. Totally natural. No fake sugar OR real sugar. Just a nice hint (pun intended) of a taste of fruit. We do all organic or all natural stuff- so I'm very careful about this stuff.

It comes in a variety of flavors. It is pretty nice:)

Hope she likes it!

You REALLY don't want to use pedialyte or gatorade unless you're sick or VERY physically active.

Have you tried a few cucumber slices, some lime, and maybe some mint? Just let it sit in the fridge and then pour into bottles yourself.

I DESPISE the way water tastes. And yes, if you're a supertaster, you can taste water. Ugh. Makes me want to (and sometimes actually) vomit. Especially certain areas (soCal, Lousiana, and Seattle city water are my "worst evers" to date, but I don't experiment by drinking tapwater when traveling... ugh, ugh, ugh.) EVERY region, and city municipality has different tasting water. Very different. Add in all the flavors from individual pipes in people's houses. Icky. Seriously, I get nauseous even THINKING about drinking water. It's gross. Filtered, unfiltered, osmosis, you name it. Gross stuff.

That SAID... most water can be flavored (some can't, soCal water, for example won't even be covered up by applejuice at full strength -if you're mixing from a can- although grape juice at full strength makes it tolerable). My absolute FAV way is what I said above: Cucumber and Citrus in a pitcher overnight in the fridge. Completely changes the texture, taste, and aftertaste.

And forewarning: If your daughter hates water... she's PROBABLY a supertaster. Most people say silly things like "It has no flavor" or "It's just fine". Shudder. Hydration is what's important, imho. But the supertaster bit also usually comes along with a few other sensory issues, as well as not-so-usual "pickiness" in eating. This pizza sauce being yummy, that pizza sauce being gross. This brown bread being fabulous, that brown bread being disgusting. Supertasters really do taste a lot more than most people realize. ((I seriously couldn't understand when I was a child how people couldn't tell what kind of honey was used in bread. Or why they couldn't tell that THIS sauce had a quarter tsp of sage per liter in it, and that one used oregano. To me then and now, it's as distinct as if someone gave me two spoonfulls of different kinds of honey right after each other, or a spoonfull of sage or oregano. The flavors are THAT noticeable. Overwhelmingly so. Useful later on as a cook, wine connoisseur, etc., but kind of a pain as a kiddo when people don't believe you, and you can't understand why it's not as obvious to them as it is to you. It's like someone saying a red sauce and a green pesto taste the same. Or black and white are the same color. It's just baffling as a kid.))

Honestly, I can't see the need to put sugar flavorings in a toddler's water. Plain water is just fine, or a squeeze of actual fruit in it. If you absolutely insist on putting sugar in your toddler's water, you could always use a tiny bit of kool aid powder or even raw jello.

The Propel packets are 2 gms of sugar and NO aspertame!!! I love them. The propel in the bottle does have the extra junk, but not the packets. We also recently bought a soda stream machine (to make your own soda) but the soda mixes have splenda, which I dont like. We bought the Mio drops. They do have sucralose though.

I have not found any. I heard recently that Crystal light now doesn't have aspartame, but I have never found it in the store. I use fruity herbal teas for my son. (Celestial Seasonings, they are caffeine free and safe.) I steep it and keep it in the fridge. He loves it!!

1 / 3