Safe Baby Hair Gel

Hi Mamas
Does anyone have any suggestions for a completely safe hair styling gel for babies under 1 year of age?. My baby has a ton of hair, and just needs something to prevent hair getting in his eyes/face. No plan for a haircut just yet. Is there something organic or even something from my kitchen I could use?!. I heard of egg-whites!. Sounds a bit icky to me though!.
Thanks

they now sell baby oil in gel form - you can get this at target in a few sents. Seems you can use it for lots of things. We use a little on the hair and it works great, and smells nice too :)

The brand is love me baby me "hair putty" it is expensive $15 a bottle but its great. Hth PS ITS ALSO ORGANIC!!!

I went to Sephora in Colonie center and bought a leave in milk conditioner made by "Carol's Daughter"

Not sure if it's organic, but I know it was an all natural line... and they may have hair gel.

I used plain baby lotion on my kids hair. It would help it to stay put and smelled good as well. I would be afraid to use any gels because they contain alcohol. I would be afraid they would get a reaction or rub it into their eyes. Johnsons baby lotion always worked good for me just a small amount.

Aquaphor would probably work. It's expensive, but you use so little at a time, that the one container we have of it has lasted more than 6 months, and we use it daily on our son's dry skin on his face.

use aloe vera gel, or you can use small amount of baby lotion. Rub it on your hands, then run your hands through baby's hair.

Maybe not what you had in mind, but why not try pulling your baby's hair back or up into a small pony tail? I also used barrettes, but my daughter wasn't the sort who would put them in her mouth if she pulled them out. They do make headbands for babies that might work too.

Try Johnson's Baby Lotion. It smells good too.

Talk with your hair stylist. They may be able to suggest something. When I was little my mom used light hold hairspray and sprayed it into her hands then rubbed it in- very little in my hair, but enough to keep bangs out of my eyes! I use a little bit of baby lotion to keep my son't hair in place.

1 / 3