Sacroiliac Damage from Pregnancy with Twins

Hi, I have been in chronic pain for 2 years now. I did an injection in this joint to find out if it was the source of the pain, and sure enough the anesthetic numbed it and I was without pain for the first time in a long time. So I did physical therapy and it did not work. My ligaments are stretched from the pregnancy and chiro help is out of the question because they will stretch the ligaments even more. Any ideas or anyone whom has had this problem. I have 2 active twin boys and it is hard when I am in pain 24/7.

Thank you

HI. I have been diagnosed with the same problem (from my chiropractor) - the things that have worked best for me are arch supports in all my shoes and lots of stretching -if my hamstrings get tight, it triggers the pain in my SI that makes me kind of fall for like a split second. Is this what happens to you? I don't have constant pain in that area -mine kind of catches in the wrong place and literally makes me freeze or fall to my knees but after that I am usually fine right away. If you live inor near PSL, my chiropractor is great and I can send you her info. She has a lot of schooling in pregnancy and knows how to care for pregnancy-caused problems like this. If you want their info., please email me at ____@____.com.

Hi, J.,

I'm sorry to hear that you're in pain. I'm doing much better myself, having had quite an adventure these past few years (returning from the dead, actually). Back in the mid-nineties, I had a severe whiplash injury (lower back) and was told I'd never feel better than "80%." With yoga I was able to eventually reach 100%, pain-free and without pain relievers.

I also had torn ligaments in a foot, and that took years to heal, and that injury has been aggravated and recurred periodically. Getting into generally better shape was paramount since extra weight was right on the foot.

Don't underestimate the importance of taking care of yourself, especially diet, rest, exercise and "me time." Avoid sugar as best you can, and be even more wary of artificial sweeteners. Lots of water and whole foods are very important to healing!

Best Wishes,
L. Didschuns,
stay at home mom of three girls (16, 6, 3)

Would you consider accupuncture? I have had great success with Eastern medicine. Good luck, and sorry about your luck. My body is also still hurting from my twin pregnancy!

My mom and sister swear by acupuncture. I haven't had time to try it yet but I plan on it.

My friend swears by acupucture. It really helped her when nothing else seemed to work. Now she lives a pain free life.
I also have not had time to try it but I'm looking into it through my friend.

C. :)

Hello J.,
Sorry to hear about your discomfort and SI joint challenges. You mentioned that chiropractic care was out of the question, because they will stretch the ligaments even more. Millions of moms receive chiropractic care on a daily basis and are receiving fantastic results without having their ligaments stretched beyond repair. If it were true, then it wouldn't work for anyone and anyone that received chiropractic care would be walking around with joints popping out all over the place. I'm not sure and I apologize if I'm wrong, but maybe you are getting the wrong info or if maybe you have had an unpleasant experience with the wrong type of chiropractor. If you've never consulted with a Subluxation based chiropractor, I encourage you to atleast consult with one to get some answers. Their are some fantastic techniques in chiropractic that may be able to correct your problem. If you have consulted or even visited with a chiropractor and just don't feel like it's for you then you have to keep on searching for what works or find a chiro that does work. Accupuncture is an alternative and is drugless and may offer some relief. Let me know if you need a referral. Email me if you have any questions at ____@____.com--A. O.

I can really related. I have chronic pain from a previous spinal injury, that now also affects my hips and leg. I have tried EVERYTHING! I too had the problem exacerbated by pregnancy. (I am 36 weeks with my second.) Anyway, the thing that worked the BEST for me was acupuncture. Don't give up b/c it doesn't work right off the bat, but if you keep going the benefits are AMAZING! Good luck to you!
E.

I would also suggest trying accupuncture. I did it a few years back with pain at the epidural site. I had so many injections in that small space in my spine that it was just excruciating all the time. It took about 3-4 visits before we figured out what would work best for me. It's not simply trying the same things over and over. The needles really don't hurt, don't leave a mark when they're done. I was not expecting much success, but he did a great job and I haven't had pain in that area since. They can attach electrodes to the needles to stimulate the muscles around it too... feels pretty neat.
Or you may want to consider getting a longer lasting injection. I'm sure there's got to be more options available. Get an open minded doctor willing to try new things.

1 / 3