Rosy Cheeks on Baby

Hey there,
I have a four month old who has had rosy cheeks for the last two days. As cute as he looks, I am a little worried about what it might be. Any ideas or is it nothing to worry about?

thanks!!

It is probably the dry weather (cold). The brand name A & D Ointment always worked for me. It is also excellent for diaper rash irritation. I never had much luck however with the generic brands ?

It could also be eczema....
Acquafor is great for everything, including this..especially if he is drooling a lot from teething!

My son had that same appearance when he was a baby. Many said it was the cold weather sort of an allergic reaction. It never turned into more than just rosy cheeks. He is now 11 and I miss the beautiful rosy cheeks of my baby. Enjoy yours.

My son had rosy cheeks a lot as a baby, and my daughter does sometimes, as well (she's 13 months old now). When my son's would worsen, it usually meant he was getting sick. He was sick a lot as a baby because he was in daycare until he was 13 months old. But, sometimes (as in the case of my daughter or other babies), it's caused by the weather (heat inside, cold outside) chapping the skin, teething (drool), snotty noses (hence sometimes it signaled illness for our oldest child), or maybe even a slight reaction to something the baby has gotten up next to (things not washed in Dreft, an adult's wool sweater, etc.). Cheeks (esp. on babies) are super sensitive and can react to many things causing them to become rosy. Try some natural lotion (without irritants in it) ... I'm betting this is just a winter thing though, and will go away when the weather finally gets better for good (which I hope is soon)! ;)

More likely than not, it's probably just a bit on windburn. Put a lil bit of Carmex on both cheeks before you go out, and some lotion on it during the day. (Carmex will protect the skin from windburn) Also he might have touch of baby acne.. my son had it, and it cleared up on it's own in a few weeks, just keep it clean, but don't wash his face too often, you don't want him getting dry skin

I'm not completely sure, but my toddler will get rosy cheeks b/c of the cold air and going just in and out of the stores. It could be a mixture of the cold air and a little bit chapped. Unless your infant has been running a fever, but that is what it reminds me of when my toddler looks that way.

Good old chapstick works great! It worked well for my boys when they were babies.

Could be chapped from drooling or snotty nose or the cold. Could be he's teething and/or has a touch of fever and its making his cheeks rosy.

she could be teething. teething causes your baby to drool a lot, and the extra moisture on her skin can cause a very red, very dry looking rash on her cheeks, chin and upper lip. teething is most likely, but be aware that it may also be fifths disease. a form of a parvo virus. look for a light lacy rash on the rest of her body. has she had a fever in the last five days, or been a little under the weather in the last week? fifths starts with a fever and generally just feeling crummy, and the rash in about a week. the thing is, that once they get the rash they are no longer contagious, and have been sick for a week. there is nothing that you can do to treat, it just goes away on its own in about four days after the rash shows up.

My son gets rosy cheeks too when his skin gets dry. Try putting some aquaphor on his cheeks and it should get better!

1 / 3