Ringworm on Eyelid

My 4 year old daughter has a ringworm on her upper eyelid. We bought Lotrimin cream for her and it says to use it for 4 weeks but it didn't say how many times per day. Does anyone know how often is best? Thank you in advance for any help.

Thank you for all the responses. First of all, I am being VERY careful since it is by her eye. It is actually between the eyelid and the eyebrow so that is helpful. I have been putting Lotrimin on 2-3 times a day and it hasn't spread any further. She is great about leaving it alone so she doesn't accidentally rub it into her eye. I know it can take 4-6 weeks for it to fully go away but so far it looks like she's on her road to recovery! :o)

I think it is 3 times a day, but you can always call and ask a pharmacist, they are happy to help.
Ringworm is not fun, hope she gets better soon!

Are you SURE it's ringworm? Verified by a dermatologist? They thought I had ringworm as a kid and it was numular excema.
I'd just make sure.

In good health,

L. K

J., I would be afraid to use anything on your daughters eyelid until you talk to your doctor or at the very least your pharmacist about whether it is safe to be used around the eye or not. There is a very good chance that the cream will end up not only on the eyelid but IN the eye and that could be either very painful or harmful to her eyesight.
Please do not treat this at home without checking with a medical professional first.
R. Ann

my son had ringworm too, but not near his eyes. Please check with an eye doctor before you get a bit of that crean in her eye. Kids rub their eyes at times and the cream can move in there. I used lotramin too. We put it on in the morning as we got dressed for the day, and after our night time bath. Just twice a day did the trick in a short two weeks, but we kept putting it on for another week just to be sure.

My daughter has ringworm on her back, I took her to the doctor last week and she told me twice a day. But be really careful close to her eye!

Good Morning J., So sorry for your little Angels problem & discomfort. I had one on my inner thigh when I we preggers with our first son, had never ever had one before or since. I used an old Tired and True (according to my own Nana) remedy.
I took a lead pencil and circled it several times. According to Nana it couldn't spread then and would die off. It died off or went away soon after delivery and our son wasn't infected either.

Like the other Mama's I wouldn't put any type of ointment or cream on or near a child's eye with out checking with your Dr. first.

God Bless you, hope you can find something that won't harm her in any other way soon.
K. Nana of 5

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

a day lotrimin cream