Right Side of My Head/face Hurts? WTH?

Hi Moms!
Starting Saturday morning, I noticed that the right side of my face was tender to the touch, my gums were swollen (only on the right side), my right eye was watering a bit, the lymph nodes in the right side of my neck were swollen, the right side of my throat hurts a bit, and my right ear hurts. The week prior, I had been having a headache only in my right temple.

What the heck could be causing this? Have you ever experienced such a thing? I put a call into my doctor and I'm definitely going to go, but I was wondering if you all had ever had this type of thing.

Went to the doctor yesterday after the headache came on super strong, again. I couldn't stand it one more minute. Sure enough, I had a massive sinus infection and an ear infection. Nice!

Maybe a bad sinus infection. They are usually on just one side though if left untreated can travel to the other side. You can have them brewing without having a fever too.
Hope you get you answer and get well soon.

Like April, my first thought was Bell's Palsy. This might become apparent if you lose the ability to move the right half of your face. I got it a week after my first daughter was born and initially thought I was having a stroke. Bell's Palsy really, really sucks, but it's better than a stroke. It was awful, but after 6 weeks I was probably 90-95% better. If this is what you have, they might give you antivirals and/or steroids, although/because they don't know what really causes it.

Hi N.,

It could be simply a sinus infection, or you slept on the side of the face wrong or something as serious as Bell's Palsy. Bell's Palsy is AS treatable as a sinus infection so don't panic. Bell's Palsy is an autoimmune disorder that is caused or exacerbated by the same virus that causes chicken pox. I have a topical help and also an internal help if you're interested. Most doctors don't tell you that the Palsy is immune related and they simply start you on meds that weaken your immune system even more. Once you get a diagnosis you'll be able to make a better decision with what you can do.

Please get back to me and I can go into detail....

www.squidoo.com/ifyourbabycouldtalk

You can have a sinus infection on one side and it can make your teeth hurt - it's a miserable pain.
Seeing a doctor is a good thing.
You can try putting a heating pad on the side that hurts.
Hope it gets better soon.

Not sure - I'd LIKE to think it's something as simple as an ear or sinus infection....however, I am NOT a doctor and don't know so PLEASE go!!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Go to your doctor now. We're all just moms - what do we know? Only that it's not normal, it's been going on for a week and when something only involves one side of your body it usually involves the brain. Go. Now.

It sounds like a sinus infection to me.

You just gave all the symptoms of my sinus infections. It always starts as a headache (with me) and then one side of my face is worse with pressure than the other.

1 / 3