Right Baby Doll - Baby Stella? Bitty Baby? Something Else?

Our little girl is turning two in a couple of weeks. She has shown interest in having a "baby doll". I personally don't find a lot of the hard plastic baby dolls very appealing in appearance. I am thinking Baby Stella might be a good fit for her. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding Baby Stella and the additional accessories - clothes, etc.? I also had a friend encourage me to look at the American Girl Bitty Babies. They seem a little beyond our daughter at this time, but I would love feedback on those as well. Thanks!

You ladies are awesome - Thank you! We made a visit to Learning Express this weekend, and it was clear that Baby Stella was the doll for her. I am glad to know about the other options as well. I am sure we will have many more additions to the tea party guest list in the months and years ahead!

My twins both love the cheapest dolls they have - the Fisher Price Little M. dolls that you can get just about anywhere. They are a good size and you can buy the stroller, etc. to go with them.

You might try the Corolle dolls, you can buy some of them at Learning Express and other stores. I like them because they are light weight and fun baby dolls and other older dolls. The website tells you for which age a doll would be a good fit, because of the size of the doll and it's length. Girls like to cradle a doll in their arms and they design them to do that for a little girl. They are not heavy like some of the other dolls you find. I just had a hard time, because she was 1 year old at the time and I didn't want a heavy doll for her to hold. My daughter really likes her's and she has a baby, then a little bigger baby doll when she was 2 years old, then then a ballerina doll when older. check their website out. http://www.corolle.com/

My 2 year old has Baby Stella and loves it. She got the doll and some of the accessories for Christmas and has had a lot of fun with it. It's very soft and cuddly. I also thought about Bitty Baby. . .I ended up talking myself out of it until she was older and could take care of it better. Good Luck!

I didn't like the hard plastic dolls either....neither did my daughter.

My daughter never really got into having a doll. We had a couple of dolls but she always chose her stuffed animals over a doll. She LOVED her stuffed animals and she would push them in the stroller, feed them, etc.

Needless to say, I have a boatload of stuffed animals. Daughter is 14 now and she did adore her stuffed animals. She adores her 3 dogs now!!

Enjoy that little girl...they grow up TOO fast.

I have four little girls so we have quite a few baby dolls to choose from at our house. I bought a Baby Stella for my 3rd daughter's first Christmas and it has remained a favorite of all of the girls. She is soft and she can be easily dressed and undressed right down to the diaper. She really is a perfect choice for little Mommies. Our girls also enjoy Cabbage Patch newborns. They are little, soft-bodied, smell like powder and are very affordable. We also have a couple Madame Alexander baby dolls which are precious and a classic choice. The one thing that I have noticed about all of my girls is that they like to have more than one baby, so that they can have a whole family to play with. It is hard to tell which baby doll your daughter will bond with and select as her special baby. I would suggest that you take her to a store that has a variety of dolls to choose from and she will typically respond to the type of doll that she is most interested in. They carry Carolle dolls and Baby Stellas at the Learning Express at McDermott and Alma in Allen or the Doll Boutique in downtown Plano carries Carolle, Stella (in the very back of the store in their newborn toy inventory) and Madame Alexander. Have fun shopping! A little girl's first baby doll is one of those major purchases like a prom dress or a wedding gown. :)

My daughter turned 2 in November and both of my aunts bought her a different doll for Christmas. One was a Bitty Baby (one of the twins with hair) and the other was just another inexpensive doll. She has actually played with them both equally. With the Bitty Baby she loves to take her clothes off and put them back on as well as playing with her hair. The other doll came with bottles so she loves to pretend she's feeding the baby while I am feeding my 6 week old. Hope this helps!

I've been through many baby dolls in my mothering years, because everyone loves to buy little girls dolls. However, there is a difference in what is given and what I buy for my children. I recommend the Corolle babies. They have several to choose from. They're just the right size, not too big, soft, and most importantly WASHABLE. This may not sound too important, but there's been babies that haven't made it through the wash in our house.

Here's the link of the latest baby I bought for my 15 month old, who loves it! Good luck! I'm sure your little one will be thrilled with whatever baby you decide to go with.

http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Premier-Calin-Candy-Pink/dp...

I agree that Corolle Dolls are very good first babies. I don't know what Baby Stella is so can't help you with that. My daughter is 6 and has a Bitty Baby and 3 American Girl Dolls. I must say she plays with Bitty Baby more than the American Girl dolls so I do think Bitty may be a good investment when she's a little older. My daughter didn't like the plastic dolls either and never played with those so I don't blame you at all for not wanting to waste your money on them. There is something about a baby doll that looks real that little girls notice and it makes it more fun for them. Good luck!

1 / 3