Rhubarb - Fort Worth,TX

Does anyone know where I can find Rhubarb in Texas. I used to beable to find it frozen but have not been able to find it in the past several years. My husband wants a rhubarb pie I miss it too.

Thank you everyone. I guess Kroger is the one place I have not checked since I usually go to Alberstons and Walmart. Looks like my husband will get his Rhubarb pie this weekend!

I don't usually start harvesting mine until mid/late May. You may see it in the grocery in the next few weeks...

I bought frozen rhubarb at Kroger. It's in the section with bags of frozen fruit. I haven't bought any in about 6 months, so I'm not sure if they still carry it or not. Have you tried a farmers market near you? There is one in Ft. Worth.

http://www.cowtownfarmersmarket.com/

Just saw it in the frozen fruit section at kroger! I've never used it before.

I saw it fresh at the Whole Foods in Arlington, not a huge amount but it was there

Rhubarb is a summer crop. I've seen it in the produce section at Kroger, but not yet this year. I'm originally from Michigan and we used to grow it every year. I wish someone would make me some rhubarb pie!
:)

Check w/Central Market they usually have it mid to late summer. Otherwise google bithel farms and u can order it thru them!

I've seen it in the past at the Tom Thumb on 1709 in Keller and recently at the Kroger on Beach/Western Center.

I think rhubarb is a winter crop.. Might be around later. I have a terrific recipe for rhubarb meringue pie. Its like lemon meringue only pink!

1 / 3