Rhubarb - Fort Worth,TX

Updated on May 03, 2011
D.G. asks from Fort Worth, TX

Does anyone know where I can find Rhubarb in Texas. I used to beable to find it frozen but have not been able to find it in the past several years. My husband wants a rhubarb pie I miss it too.

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

So What Happened?

Thank you everyone. I guess Kroger is the one place I have not checked since I usually go to Alberstons and Walmart. Looks like my husband will get his Rhubarb pie this weekend!

T.B.

answers from Bloomington on

I don't usually start harvesting mine until mid/late May. You may see it in the grocery in the next few weeks...

Edit My Answer

Smallavatar-fefd015f3e6a23a79637b7ec8e9ddaa6

B..

answers from Dallas on

I bought frozen rhubarb at Kroger. It's in the section with bags of frozen fruit. I haven't bought any in about 6 months, so I'm not sure if they still carry it or not. Have you tried a farmers market near you? There is one in Ft. Worth.

http://www.cowtownfarmersmarket.com/

T.B.

answers from Bloomington on

H.G.

answers from Dallas on

Just saw it in the frozen fruit section at kroger! I've never used it before.

C.B.

answers from Dallas on

I saw it fresh at the Whole Foods in Arlington, not a huge amount but it was there

N.L.

answers from Dallas on

Check w/Central Market they usually have it mid to late summer. Otherwise google bithel farms and u can order it thru them!

J.R.

answers from Dallas on

I've seen it in the past at the Tom Thumb on 1709 in Keller and recently at the Kroger on Beach/Western Center.

S.D.

answers from San Antonio on

The last time I saw it here in San Antonio I was so excited! I bought a bunch and froze it. Now...it's gone again. I'd like to know too, I love to make strawberry rhurbarb pie and compote. The last time I asked the produce guy at the store he said the crop took a beating and it was slim pickings...

M.P.

answers from Dallas on

It has been hit or miss for me. I check Market Street every time I am there. If they have it, I buy it and freeze it if I am not going to use it then. I have strawberries and rhubarb frozen right now for a pie. Yum! Good luck finding it!

D.S.

answers from Dallas on

Rhubarb is a summer crop. I've seen it in the produce section at Kroger, but not yet this year. I'm originally from Michigan and we used to grow it every year. I wish someone would make me some rhubarb pie!
:)

K.L.

answers from Redding on

I think rhubarb is a winter crop.. Might be around later. I have a terrific recipe for rhubarb meringue pie. Its like lemon meringue only pink!

Next question: Rhubarb