Reusing a Pregnancy Test- Have You Done It?

First off, I'm not looking for text book answers, or what the package says, I'm asking for your anticdotal advice. I probably I tested too early. I got a negative and I'm okay with that. Maybe even a little relieved. My period is 5-6 days away. I probably should have waited a day or two. I'm thinking of reusing it in two days. I have another unused one I will use if my period is actually late, but I"m not going to through another $10 away to test early. Any way, I'm going to do it, I'll take the results with a grain of salt, but just curious, If anyone has done it and did it turn out to be accurate? Wouldn't it be great if we found out we didn't actually need to blow so much money on those darn things?

manazita, you are funny, and I'm guessing you are over 50. now-a-days we test 5 days early because we are a generation of instant results! Wait until my period is two weeks late! Thats funny!
I googled it further, I guess there won't be enough dye left to show positive results. However, some report getting positive results on used negative tests that turn out to be true. I'm still going to pee on this stick just to for the sake of experimentation. Thanks all.
If we were going to have another baby, I just really wanted to tell my husband on Christmas. However, it looks like I will need to proceed as planned to excersise and diet come January 2!

My friend has had much success with the dollar store ones ... when they did show up positive she got an "expesive one" to confirm however you are not supposed to be able to get a false positive from my understanding.

Do you have a Dollar Tree near you? They have tests, and they are actually some of the most accurate on the market. I have only ever used those. You can waste a lot of them at $1.00 each!! A test wouldn't even read your hormones after using it once.

You can buy pregnancy tests at The Dollar store for a dollar. Whoops, didn't read the responses.

I'm pretty sure once it's been used it cannot be used again. Go to the Dollar Store. Those tests are just as good.

Not an answer to your question, but yes, the Dollar Tree has tests for $1 and they work great!!

Jane:

You cannot use a stick test twice. Once urine has hit it - it is activated and will NOT work again. Once the test stick is used - it needs to be thrown away.

While I get what you are saying about wasting money - I think you did because you took the test WWWWAAAAYYYY to early...there is a reason they say to wait until AFTER your missed period...yeah...some test are saying they are sooo sensitive they can detect pregnancy before a missed period....but I wouldn't trust it.

The stick is just like a litmus strip - once it is used - you CANNOT reuse it.

Once you use the test, its no longer good anymore. Go buy another test or go to a clinic(if finances are tight) and get one for free. FYI The dollar store pregnancy test is just as accurate--I got the correct results immediately and it was only a $1.

M

Wait until the day you miss your period. Any earlier and you risk finding out that you're either having a chemical pregnancy (not really pregnant), having an hcg surge, or you're pregnant but will miscarry when your period is due anyway. Just wait.

And ewww about reusing a used pregnancy test. No, it will not work. It's ruined once it's been used. Don't be a cheapskate. Just wait until you're likely to have enough hcg built up and get a couple of dollar store tests.

1 / 3