Restaurant/Location For Baby Shower in Waltham/Newton Area

Hi all - I am helping to plan my best friend's baby shower for February 2009 and I need help finding a restaurant or location for the shower that will suit our needs! We are looking for a location in the Waltham/Newton/surrounding area (she lives in Waltham), but any town in a 10-15 mile radius is a possibility if it is a good place. We are looking to have a brunch as well. Any restaurant or location with a small function room would be ideal; there will most likely be 25 or so people attending. I would appreciate any help you can give me! Thank you!

HI- I attended a friend's shower at PapaRazzi in Wellesley. They have a great private room that would accommodate your group. Good luck!

I just went through this while trying to find a place to host a baby shower for my sister in the Waltham area. Am not sure if you're open to the idea of tea, but I decided to go with The Tea Leaf on Moody St. in Waltham. They can accomodate up to 24 people and charge $19.95 pp for a high tea-type event (scones, quiche, sandwiches, sweets and tea). My event isn't until January, so I can't give you a review yet, but it's a convenient location. Good luck planning!

Hi
O'Hara's in Newton just finished a banquet room upstairs, great food and a fantastic family- they will treat you right!!
Otherwise- Chateau always good food -
Have fun!
K. Roderick

Check out the Chateau in Waltham--good food and they do have a few function rooms for parties of any size. Also, there's Sichuan Garden's (if she's up for Chinese) at 411 Waverly Oaks Road, next to Yolanda's in WAltham...they have an area sectioned off for parties.

Tempo will open up their resturant for a brunch and you can choose your own food or budget. They are super flexible- ask for Erin (owner).

Also in Newton Centre, Tartufo has a room upstairs that would be great for a small function of 25.

Lastly, I would not recommend the Tea place on Moody. The food is good but the ambiance is just - yuck. If you want to do a tea, check out the Tea Pot Room in Boxborough. I know is farther out that you wanted to go, but the food is incredible and the atmosphere is perfect for tea- very relaxing.

1 / 3