Reoccurring Urinary Tract Infections for 7 and 1/2 Years Old

I hope may be somebody has an experience with frequent Urinary Tract Infections ( UTI's).
My daughter is 7 and 1/2 years old and she can not overcome this problem for more then a year.
She goes in stretches of 2-3 weeks in between prescribed antibiotics and than develops infections again and again.
Good thing - she does not have kidney reflux and her kidneys in general seams to be fine.
We had visits with several urologists but they suggest to load her with water, creamery, acidophilus etc.
General medical direction which I would like to avoid is to put her on permanent use of antibiotics.
Also we had tried to go to bathroom every 2 hours or so which is very hard for me to monitor while my kid is at school.
Recently we tried naturopathy (to cut on antibiotics) but so far it doesn't bring any results.
I am desperate for suggestion and ideas.

Thanks a lot to everyone for advice.
We will try a couple of things you have suggested and will let you know if anything got improved.

L..

A lot of water, fruits, veggies.
Stay away from refined sugars.
If we buy candy, muffins we usually go to whole foods....just made with better ingred.
Have you tried this? Some people are just more prone to infections.

L.,

I have this same problem, post cancer treatment. I found wearing cotton underpants and washing my clothing is perfume free detergent and dryer sheets helped. It hasn't solved the probelm completely, but it has made a difference. Going scent free for everything, shampoo, handsoap, lotions etc. makes a big difference.

E.

I would take a look at her diet. She may be getting too much sugar and yeast. One thing you can do is to have a blood alergy test done. She may have food allergies that is causing it.
Stephanie L

I had reoccuring bladder infections a couple of years ago and after being on and off of antibiotics (that never worked), I found out about D-Mannose. It is a natural sugar that inhibits the bad bacterias ability to attach to the bladder. So after one dose (less than a teaspoon in some juice) you basically pee out the bad bacteria. If I feel another infection coming on, I take some D-Mannose in the morning and it clears up immediately.

You can find this online or at a natural health food store like Vitamin Cottage. I get it in powder form so that I can take as much as I want, but I think you can also get a pill form. Also, you may need to give your daughter more than just one dose at first and hopefully she can tell you when the infection feels like it is going away.

Do your kids drink cranberry juice or eat yogurt? Try those and always wipe from the front to the back. I know how hard it is to have kids with UTI's...Although we have only experienced 1, that was enough! Try the cranberry juice...daily and a good yogurt with active yogurt cultures daily. Try the digestive ones and natural ones. Make sure it states active yogurt cultures on the label.

A.

I'm hoping the dr already said this, but ...
No bubble baths. Shampoo last and get her out of tub right away. Better yet, let her shower. Teach her to always wipe front-to-back after going to the toilet. Cotton undies, too (though I think that's more for yeast infections), and make sure she changes them daily.

Good luck!!

This may help, have her wipe from front to back when she poops. This pulls the poop back away from her vaginal area and not onto it. I also have heard not to use bubble bath, don't know why but have her shower after a bath if possible.
SarahMM

A lot of water, fruits, veggies.
Stay away from refined sugars.

Okay, this may sound crazy and the doctors may have already mentioned this to you, but does your daughter take baths or does she take showers? Does she use bubble bath at all?

The reason I ask is that before my step-daughter moved in with us (she was 7), she used to have chronic UTIs. She is now 16 and has not had one for 9 years. Our big change for her was to stop all baths. (she only takes showers now) Her bio mom used to bathe her with bubble bath constantly. The doctor believes that may have been the culprit. Something so simple and yet it caused huge issues for her.

Good luck to you and your daughter. I hope you find her some relief.

Up until 5 years ago, I suffered from recurring bladder/kidney infections, as well as sinus infections. I was going on antibiotics every 2 months, for about 10 years. I started taking Body Balance a little over 5 years ago (just for overall well-being), and I have not been on antibiotics (AT ALL, for anything!)since. I swear by the stuff and wouldn't be without it. And it's great for kids... it tastes good and they love it... mine RARELY get sick, even a cold, etc when stuff is going around. You can learn more here:
http://php.lifeforce.net/body-balance.php and if you decide to order, you'll need my pin # (20374028).

Please feel free to call or email me if you have questions! And there's a 45-day money-back guarantee so you can try it risk-free!

Hope this helps,

A.

Get cranberry juice for her and have her drink it every single day.
It is an old remedy but it works and no expensive antibiotics.
My mother was prone to urinary tract infections, even after her hysterectomy.
But when she started drinking cranberry juice every day she never had another one.
So good luck.

1 / 3