Removingmelted Plastic off Stove Burnner

hey ladies i D.A. I had forgot to turn the back burner off on my stove (it was on warm) and i had sat a plastic bowl on it and of course it melted on the burner!!1yeh good one huh any ways my question is how do you get melted plastic off the burner of your stove its not the flat stoves its the older one w/reg burners. any body got any clues on how too get that one done.ooohhh by the way there was no fire or smoke everyone is ok ...........

it worked i let the plastic harden and then peeled it off now im working on buring the smell off thanks so much ....(that shows what my hubsand knows LOL) he told me to throw it away good thing i didnt listen LOL THANKS everyone maybe ill see ya @ the cheatem county fair ill be selling novleties..and body jewery.........

It should chip off while cold. and the rest will just eventually melt off.. it'll stink, but there isn't much you can do. you an buy a new eye as well. Good luck

That happened to me once before. I pulled the burner off the stove and stuck it in the freezer for 30 minutes or so. The plastic just popped right off. But it may depend on how much is melted on. The burners are rather inexpensive from the local hardware store if all else fails. Good luck!

I've done this before as well. When it cools most of it will chip right off. For the part that doesn't, which isn't much (in my experience) I just turned the burner low and with a wet rag just kept wiping down the burner till it is gone. For a few times after cleaning, you may smell it but it should come off well. If NOT, you can always purchase replacement burners at most Lowe's or Home Depot (I think).

Hope that helps.

Mine was pretty messy when trying to get it off. I bought a new burner at Home Depot for about $30.

Hey I've done this before...twice...hehe.
So first things's first. Plastic fumes are toxic, so open the windows and be sure to air out the place. Open windows, turn on fans, even take a wet towel and wave it around the room.

Then--buy new burners at the local hardware store :) It's not worth cleaning.

Take the burners off the stove and soak them in VERY cold ice water and then use a butter knife to pop/semi-scrap it off. Hope it helps!

If there's much plastic melted on there, it should mostly 'break' off when cooled (or turn the burner on just long enough to melt the layer that's actually touching the burner and the rest should slide off with a knife while it's melted). Probably if/when it's down to just a smear of plastic on the burner the only thing left to do is open the doors and windows, put a fan in a window blowing OUT (unless you have a stove vent with a fan), and turn the burner on long enough to let it burn off completely.

you may just want to replace the burner itself. Try your local appliance dealer for parts or online. It would be so much easier than trying to scrape off the plastic or even just burning it off.
good luck!

1 / 3