Removing Nail Polish from Tile and Grout

Hi Everyone!
I dropped a bottle of nail polish on my bathroom floor which has tile and grout. It exploded all over! Does anyone know what I can use to remove it from the floor? It doesn't help that it is a bright pink color! Thanks!

J.:
This happened to me literally after my bathroom was complete. I was moving all of the stuff back in, and I too dropped a bottle of hot pink nail polish. I called my dad right away as he is the one who did the remodeling. He brought over some paint thinner. I used that & cotton balls & it took it off! I suppose if you have acetone, that would work as well. I did use an old toothbrush dipped in the paint thinner & cleaned the grout that was affected. It did not harm the grout at all but we may have different kinds. I hope cleanup is a breeze for you. After I was done freaking out, mine took no time to clean up!

Use a hard bristled brush and some diluted polis remover- scrub scrub scrub! Try it on a non-visible tile first to make sure that you don't do any damage. Go over it with plenty of clean water to get the chemical off and keep it from seeping in!

make sure the polish remover has acetone in it...lots of polish remover doesn't contain it anymore and that is the key ingredient for what you need.

Use an old toothbrush and scrub with polish remover.

1 / 3