Removing Nail Polish from Carpet and Microfiber Sofa! HELP!

We have a large sectional sofa that is microfiber and tan in color. My 2 year old son got a hold of my daughters bottle of nail polish, and dumped it on my couch and carpet. Any ideas on how to get this off? We got the fabric protector on the couch, so we are going to call the store we got the couch from, but what about the carpet? We plan to replace in a year or so with hardwood floors, but I don't want to look at a big pink spot for the next year in my cream carpet!! PLEASE HELP!

Hi-I've experimented w/this a little & it seems to work. Use nail polish remover! I'd get a couple of those little jars that have the sponges in them & take the sponge out & use it to scrub the nail polish. As soon as it takes it up, have some warm soapy water to sop up the excess. Eventually, it may come clean. If not, a very faded spot is much better than a pink one. Good luck!
S.:)

I believe Sol-U-Mel from Melaleuca would do the trick.

Try this stuff called "Goof Off". This stuff gets off everything. I think you can buy it at any hardware store or Home Depot. I had a cream colored comforter that got a raspberry colored polish all over it. I though it was ruined. A friend told me to try this "Goof Off" stuff and I was skeptical because usually nail polish is the kiss of death. It worked! I took a microfiber cloth and kept blotting the area a little at a time and the polished just kept bleeding out until it was all gone. Then I washed my comforter in the washing machine to get the smell of the "Goof off" stuff out and now it's good as new!! I recommend using this stuff in a well vented area and don't use it around your children. It has some fumes. Good Luck! I hope it helps!

If you have a protection policy for your furniture I suggest that you do nothing to try and fix it. That will void your policy. Report is asap because my policy says I have 5 days to report it from the day I first noticed the issue. Read all the fine print before calling so that you can speak the lingo.

This happened to me a few months ago. I used nail polish remover (the non-acetone type) and just blotted and blotted the spot with a towl. Blotting is better than rubbing b/c blotting picks it up and rubbing spreads it. I have a very, very pale pink spot in the carpet now. Good Luck!

dab it w/ nail polish remover until it fades as much as possible. a faded lighter spot is better than a pink spot. and if you plan on replacing soon then cover w/ a throw rug for now if its unbearable.

1 / 3