Removing Lint from Velcro

Does anyone have tips on getting lint, strings, and similar junk from velcro fasteners? More specifically the plastic, hard looped side? There has to be a better way than just picking it all out by hand! Thanks

Hi DP...

I have a small fine toothed comb I use...and sort of 'comb' thge junk out.

michele/cat

I use a pin or needle. I put it sideways across the bottom of the velcro and pull it up so that there's a line of junk. Makes it easier to pick out by hand.

I've used a pin, tweezers, and a toothpick. The best way to avoid it is to put the strips together before you wash them.

try an old stiff toothbrush to brush it loose or. i take a needle and run it along the bottom of it and lift the stuff out in bunches. good luck. R.

This question was posted a while back and there were some really good answers but I cant remember them. I always used a round toothpick to pick it out of the shoe straps. Seems like someone used duct tape to get a lot of it out and then pick out the rest..... that is sticking in my mind for some reason.

1 / 3