Removing Lint from Velcro

Updated on November 27, 2010
D.P. asks from Greenville, NC

Does anyone have tips on getting lint, strings, and similar junk from velcro fasteners? More specifically the plastic, hard looped side? There has to be a better way than just picking it all out by hand! Thanks

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Lynchburg on

Hi DP...

I have a small fine toothed comb I use...and sort of 'comb' thge junk out.

answers from New York on

I use a pin or needle. I put it sideways across the bottom of the velcro and pull it up so that there's a line of junk. Makes it easier to pick out by hand.

answers from Toledo on

I've used a pin, tweezers, and a toothpick. The best way to avoid it is to put the strips together before you wash them.

answers from Modesto on

This question was posted a while back and there were some really good answers but I cant remember them. I always used a round toothpick to pick it out of the shoe straps. Seems like someone used duct tape to get a lot of it out and then pick out the rest..... that is sticking in my mind for some reason.

answers from Nashville on

try an old stiff toothbrush to brush it loose or. i take a needle and run it along the bottom of it and lift the stuff out in bunches. good luck. R.

Next question: Velco Worn Out on Tennis Shoes