Removing Crayon and Marker from Walls

My son decided to color the living room wall with crayon and the toy room walls with marker. Does anyone know how to get Crayon and Marker off the walls?

I tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Dawn with Oxy dish soap and water, WD-40 and it comes off a little bit but is still on there.

IMMACU-10. I've taken permanent black ink from a white sweatshirt. I use it for EVERYTHING except cleaning the toilet. NOT chemical based, but rather enzyme based. No disinfectant, but I use it on walls, carpet, laundry, windows, EVERYTHING! Safe around pets & kids. Somehow, a couple of raspberries got walked on last weekend and got onto the carpet. IMMACU-10 took it RIGHT OUT!

Dear J.,
When my daughter was 2, she drew a big circle on the wall with crayon. I used a pencil eraser and it came off. I don't know if it will come off since you used wd40 on it already. L. J.

Shaklee's Basic H2 and Nature Bright with some warm water will clean anything. I'm a distributor because I'm in love with the stuff and have yet to find something I can't get clean with it - grass stains, dried blood, 10-year-old dried tree sap, ground in dirt on tile grout - you name it. My neighbor had the same problem with one of her little artists drawing all over her walls so I took my products to her house to show her and got all of it off!

Plus, it's all natural with no chemicals so it's safe to use around kids and pets; and it's concentrated so a little goes a long, long way - I haven't bought cleaning products in almost two years!

(Go to http://shaklee.net and you can search for a distributor in your area or feel free to order from me if you're interested!)

Depending on how long it's been on the walls it may take alot of elbow grease to get it off. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers (not the generic ones) work great but you may have to scrub awhile to get it off if it's been there very long.

I'm surprised the magic eraser didnt work, thats always worked for me. Try Crud cutter that works really good for getting that stuff off too!!

Goo Gone may do the trick. I have used it to remove ink pen from walls and crayons. It also cleans scuff marks off of floors and gooey sticky stuff off of things. It's a good thing to have around.

Try shaving cream and let me know if it works for you.

I'm amazed Magic Eraser didn't work. That thing has gotten crayon and markers off of EVERYTHING in our house - floors, walls, furniture, toys, appliances. What type of markers/crayons do you have? We only buy Crayola brand paints/markers/crayons -- they seem to be the easiest to clean up (usually just soap and water does the trick). That's too late to help you now but maybe it'll help in the future.

You might be able to get the crayon off with a magic eraser if you work at it, but if the marker keeps coming back, you will probably have to use kilz and repaint. If you don't use the kilz, it will just bleed through new paint.

My son's friends at onwe point decorated his bedroom walls with crayon and the only way I could get it off was to use a hot iron and paper towels. Keep things moving and make sure not to touch crayon to the iron. You don't want it to end up on your clothes. It's a slow process but does work. I never had any marker issues but do know on fabrics and leathers as long as you do it when it's new or fresh hairspray will remove most if not all of the inks. Alcohol will also remove magic marker also if freshly done. Good luck.

There are magic erasers by Mr. Clean company that help remove it. This does take some time, but it helps.

I had a similar incident that my son used a black marker and wrote all over the fridge, washer, dryer, walls in kitchen, dining room and on the blinds. I used a little water on the sponge and it removed the marks. I have flat paint walls, so it took a bit of scrubbing. Removing the marks from the appliances was easy.

There are generic Magic Erasers that work well and are a bit cheaper.

I have heard a lot of good about the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I'm also suprised it didn't work. I seem to have good success with Krud Kutter and Goof off. My dad introduced me to Krud Kutter several years ago before children intered our lives. It works great with taking ink, etc. out of laundry also.

You could try Sol-U-Mel from Melaleuca. It worked like magic for me!

Dear J.,

I've always use comet, water, and a spounge with a rough side. Marker is a lot hard then crayon to remove. And at one property we own when the tenents left I couldn't anything but paint. I'd try, the rubbering alcohol idea, Krud Kutter and goo Be Gone first.

Deb

Buy a can of KILTZ and cover the spot then repaint that area of wall. When all else fails Kiltz covers it.

Hi J., I have read some of the ways to get crayon and marker off the walls. When our daughter marked with crayon on the wall I used tooth paste and it came off. I don't know anything about a marker. Good Luck

If no one has a suggestion that works, you may need to prime the wall and then paint over the artwork! Good luck!!

I've had several artisits in my family. A little comet and water to make a paste on a soft cloth and it comes right off. It did not remove the paint from the wall either.

When my daughter was about 3, she colored our stove in a rented apartment with purple permanent marker. I was desperate and tried to scrub it off, and discovered by accident that rubbing alcohol will remove permanent ink, so it should work for the marker without damaging the paint.

I have not tried to remove crayon, but a friend of mine swears by cheap, non-gel toothpaste. She has 3 kids under the age of 7 and uses toothpaste from the dollar store, you rub the crayon with it on a rag and it will remove the crayon. Hopefully this helps you!

I have gotten so many stains and marks up with LYSOL 4 in 1 cleaner. It took crayon/marker off of my walls, it took grape juice stain off our our light color counter, it got stuff off of our kitchen floor that had been there for years (in the grout between the tiles from previous owners). Buy it anywhere. It's a yellow spray in a clear spray bottle in the cleaning supplies section in the grocery or any retailer. I buy mine at Sams Club in bulk, it cleans everything. Good luck!

Magic Eraser from Mr. Clean will do the trick...I always have one in my cabinet! It even takes marker/crayons of floors & wood!

Use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. My son colored with marker on my floor and wall and it came right out. It's also good for any dirt on the walls, it's an amazing little household item to have.