Removing Color That's Bled to Other Clothing

I've done it again - ruined my daughter's clothes. I am not gifted with getting stains out of clothes! This time I tried a heavy mixture of oxyclean for soaking several items. However, I forgot to sort by color, so the maroon has spread all over the yellow and white print clothes. Does anyone know of a way to get the bled color out of the light clothing?

Soaked white knit and yellow T in Rit, and the blue/purple came out of T but not the knit. Resoaked the knit and a blue T in another similar product for a very long time, but the bled colors remain. Might try the Rit on them, or heavy bleaching of the white knit (which has a pattern on it). Thanks for you help!

Although I don't have advice to get the color out, I wanted to mention a product that someone recently shared with me. It's called Color Catcher by Shout. It's like a dryer sheet for the washing machine. You put it in with your clothes and it grabs dyes that come off of clothing to prevent them from coloring other pieces of clothing. It works great!

I once turned an entire wash load orange. Rit color remover worked wonders getting all the color out. I think a couple of items needed to be washed twice. So buy 2 boxes.

Rit dye has a product called dye remover for just such a thing you can buy it at the grocery store with the other rit dye the package has two loads worth and it works wonders goodluck

Try Rit Color Run Remover. That is what it is designed to do.

My mom always uses diluted bleach and that takes care of it. Good luck!!!

1 / 3