Remedy for Two Year Old Daughter with Really Chapped Lips

Hi Moms,

My 2 and 1/2 year old daughter has a sore throat and stuffy nose. But the real problem is she has the worst chapped lips. They are so cracked and even bleeding a little. I have tried some different chapstick even just some straight vaseline. Does anyone have a good brand they can reccomend. Should I try Carmex maybe? Please just something I can run and pick up at CVS. My daughter needs the relief asap, so sorry no one that is trying to sell me Avon or Shaklee please. And as a side note, is anyone else's kid sick with the same sore throat runny nose thing? It seems like every mom I talk to has a sick kid right now! LOL....I guess it tis the season.

I agree with Burt's Bees or the coconut oil. Anything that has an oil base should work. Chapstick really just covers and protects, does not heal. Carmex isn't any good when it comes to already chapped. Anything with an oil base should do it. Read the label carefully to see where the oil ingredient is listed. you want it at the beginning for the best benefit.

Carmex and other's will make your lips worse. I use Burt's Bee's or coconut oil on my 16m old's lips and it works like a charm!

Aquaphor during the day, Lansinoh on thick overnight, is my remedy.

My friend also uses Lansinoh on her boys lips when they are cracked. She swears by it for the whole family.

I'm pretty sure Carmex makes it worse in the long run...interested to know what other moms suggest too...my daughter's lips are so chapped.

I know several people (adults) with fevers and soar throats and my niece has been sick with the same thing for weeks...yes, tis the season!

1 / 3