Remedy for Dry Cough in Baby??

My 10 month old baby has a dry cough and runny/stuffy nose. I know i cant use any medicine but does anyone have a home remedy for this? I want to get her some relief if possible. I am using a nasal freida to clear her nose. I think she may be teething also, but i believe she has a cold. If it gets worse we will go to the dr of course. In the mean time, any suggestions would be helpful.

Put her in a steamy bathroom, saline drops, cool mist humidifier, lots of liquids and rest.

Good article on decoding and treating babies coughs:
http://www.parents.com/baby/health/cough/decoding-babys-c...

Run a cool mist humidifier in his room at night.

Updated

Run hot water in the shower the make the bathroom steamy and then sit in the steam with her for while. Do this a couple of times per day. It will help moisten and loosen the stuff in her chest so she can cough it out. Be sure to give her lots of liquids and to try to elevate her a bit when she sleeps so she won't get as congested. Good luck! 'Tis the season!

Vicks on their chest and feet with socks on

I believe you can give a teaspoon of karo syrup (in a syringe) to a child younger than a year. I sometimes give my kids honey or pulpy orange juice too, but I think they have to be over a year for those. It helps coat the throat and get rid of that tickle that causes the cough. Call your doctor or nurse to be sure. Vicks Vapo rub on the feet with socks will help open up the stuffy nose.
HTH,
A.

1 / 3