Referral for Fogged Glass Windows in House?

Hello! I'm wondering if any of you Mamas have had fogged window glass repair/broken seals repaired on windows in your home, and if you can refer me to anyone decent who won't overcharge? I had a company come out today and gave me an estimate: $450 for 3 windows. I don't know ANYTHING at all about repairing window seals, but I about choked when he handed me the estimate. Is this a fair price? Or do any of you know of someone who can do it for less?

I just last week, got an estimate for the exact same thiNG for my window that fogged. I also live in McKinney, and the estimate for 1 window was 125.00. I called someone else and over the phone they gave me an estimate of 129.00 - 131.00. So, I am going with the first estimate of 125.00 - Chaistan windows in McKinney. Is this who you used?

We just had 3 windows replaced and paid $500....all they did was change out the glass. We used a contractor that then sub-contracted, so if you go to the source it will probably be cheaper than what we paid. The actual company that did the repair was Rock Glass at ###-###-####. They did a great job.

Hey...I grew up in Westminster Colorado :)

Good luck! S.

Chastain windows are great! We have used them! They have been around a long time and are dependable. It can be expensive to have your windows replaced. I think if you have a number of windows to replace the cost can be cheaper, but not sure. Anyway, we have used them and I trust them very much!

Ali, I am a Realtor. I just bought a house for myself and there were 29 windows with broken seals. I have an invoice from Bullzodier Windows at ###-###-#### to replace these windows. The most expensive one on here is for a 34x40 inch for $85. It could be this cheap because of the quantity, but it's worth calling them and finding out. Good luck!

If your house is new and you are the first owners you may have a warranty on the windows. When we moved into our house the original owners got all the windows fixed free of charge with their warranty. Unfortunately, I don't think they are transferrable.

1 / 3