Red Sharpie Marker on Couch!!

Any ideas on how to get red sharpie marker out of our microfiber couch?

Ah yes...this happened to me! I have a microfiber loveseat that my son used a permanent sharpie on. The magic erasers worked best for me, just colortest it someone discreet! Then I used the microfiber cleanser that came with the couch.

Costco sells a cleaner called oil eater. I have never tried it on Sharpie ink, but I bought it because the gentleman demoing it wrote on a piece of cloth with sharpie and it came right out. It has gotten rid of many crazy stains for us. It's worth a shot. Good luck!

I know it sounds strange but have you tried baby wipes? I have used them to removed all kinds of stains including ink from my furniture. I first noptice how well they worked when my oldest layed wet M&Ms on my sofa and they were the closest thing I could find.

Good Luck.

I used the laundry stain remover with the pink on one side and the clear on the other side when you squeeze the bottle they come out together and mix. I think it says oxy something on it. I also have microfiber and used it to get ink pen out and it worked wonders. Might want to put it on a white cloth first or it will soak in the fabric and leave a water mark.

Google it. I have heard alcohol works, but I would research it first. I read somewhere if you put ANYTHING on the Sharpie before using it (whatever the 'it' is that works), then it won't work. I wish I could be more helpful.... Good luck!

I've heard Oxyclean or toothpaste works, but never tried myself. Good luck!

You could try Resolve or plain ole vinegar and water. 50/50 solution. If that doessnt do it...maybe turn it into the kids 'mural' couch in a playroom? If not..maybe a couch cover?

i know mr clean magic erasers work on sharpies, but i dont know how they will work on fabric

we use those blue scrubs Hand Cleaner towels that you buy in the auto department. I think they cost around 10.00 for the bucket. We have a microfiber couch and haven't had sharpie on it but did have ink and it came right out with the scrub. We have also got grease and other stains off of the carpets with them as well as stains in the vehicles.

1 / 3